High Flow Cats

I recently just had one of my cats go bad last week on my '03 SS. So I just decided to delete both of them. WOW!!! It sounds so bad. The problem is I live in California & I am expecting to have to get my SS smoged within the next 6 months. My question is if I go with a high flow cat will it pass smog? If so which cat should I go with & where could I find a pair? Thanks.

im sure the high flows will not pass smog in cali. mine did idk how in jersey??? but i had an issue with decibel levels. idk what your exhaust setup is, but your pretty much in a tough place. get stocks put on for inspection or whatever you guys have out there.

Mississippi doesn't even look. You don't even have to go in the car you are getting the sticker for. Just give them 10 dollars and you pass inspection :) and it has nothing to do with tags.. only state troppers can even pull you over for not having an inspection sticker - city and county can't even give you a ticket for not having it.. So, you can pretty much do whatever you want there. Here in Memphis they hook your tail pipe up to a meter, and dont pass = no tags. They never look at anything except your seat belts though. Oh and check your horn (which is funny, since it's illegal to blow your horn here).

Edited by ognis (see edit history)

Good stuff, moving might be the plan to go plus I might be able to find a house under 500k outside of California but you know what you can not beat the weather here in So. Calif. Now I know a guy who does smog that I know for sure will not do a visual. By doing the actual smog test what do you guys think of my chance of passing w/ high flow cats. I have true dual 40 series flowmaster mufflers dumped w/ Arizona Speed Marine headers. Do high flow cats really make a differance that you notice in any way & if they do what is the diffance?

Edited by ss silverado24 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I got everybody beat, here in SC the only law about emissions I could find is that your car has to have a muffler. No inspections or emissions tests or anything, thats why theres so many POS crap ass cars broke down on the side of the road though.

I just took my cats off this week, you can buy em if you want. They were on my 03 SS so they will fit and they work fine, they have 71K miles on em though. You could just get em welded in...