New Member In So. Cal.

dsomonster

The Big, Black HAYNSS is now making it's home in Southern CA. The truck arrived Monday from Sacramento and is now in Irvine getting the twice over from my mechanic. For those of you who are not familiar with Makani's old truck, now mine; here is a list of the mods:

- Cast Iron 408ci

- EFI Live Flashscan scan and tune

- Lunati Pro Billet Stroker Kit w/Wiseco Forged Pistons (Dished)

- 9.1:1 compression

- Jessel Roller Rockers

- 242/242 .560 lsa 114 custom comp cam

- STS GT70 turbo

- Custom Methanol Tank

- NOS 75 wet shot

- Double Roller Timing Chain

- LS-6 Oil Pump

- ARP Head Studs

- Titanium retainers

- CompR lifters

- 60lb injectors

- Cometic Head Gaskets

- TOG mid-length headers

- WCCH Stage II 6.0 Heads w/2.02 & 1.6

- Custom built 4L65E

- Setrab tranny cooler

- Transgo HD shift kit w/corvette servo

- Yank TT3000 stall

- Dual Walbro GSS340 in-tank fuel pumps

- Hawk pads

- Baer Eradispeed plus one

- Magnaflow 3" with gutted cats

- '05 Electric Fans

- DMH Electric Cutout

I'm pulling the NOS kit out of it since the bottle is mounted under the truck and that scares me. It will be a daily driver so I don't need to be squeezing the juice on the way to the kid's football game. Wait, maybe I might... :crazy:

My Vette mechanic will be re-tuning to take the beautiful So.Cal. smog into consideration :D . Actually, we will be tuning it down for reliability and drivability. I will have the boost gauge set for wife driving and then one for Mustang spanking driving. :)

I live in Chino Hills and work in Santa Fe Springs.

I've already used this forum to find the truck, buy the truck and get information on these trucks. Thanks to all who have assisted me on this.

Major props to Makani (HAYNSS) for keeping this truck in as beautiful condition as it is. This truck is in amazing shape for being almost 5 years old.

I will keep all of you posted as to what my mechanic finds and what we change.

-Ron

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW :eek: sounds like u thought a beast of a truck. welcome to the site...

since ur in SoCal we're having a G2G Feb. 2nd u should definately try and make it out. make it ur new truck coming out party :D . ill post the link.

here's the link: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40719

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

Thanks for the WELCOME.

Rob,

I hope to have the truck back by the 2nd to make that G2G and put some faces with screen names. I may just roll up in the Vette if the truck is not ready just to meet all of you.

Art,

I sent you a PM. How's your buddies project coming along? Hope everything is working out.

I'm itching to drive the snot out of it but I need to be patient so I don't go breaking stuff on it and then have to spend more money on her.

I'll keep all of you posted.

Thanks for the WELCOME.

Rob,

I hope to have the truck back by the 2nd to make that G2G and put some faces with screen names. I may just roll up in the Vette if the truck is not ready just to meet all of you.

Art,

I sent you a PM. How's your buddies project coming along? Hope everything is working out.

I'm itching to drive the snot out of it but I need to be patient so I don't go breaking stuff on it and then have to spend more money on her.

I'll keep all of you posted.

Didnt get it :dunno:

Thanks for the WELCOME.

Rob,

yeah man definately. ur vette is more than welcome also... hope to see u there.

-Rob

Dude,

Weren't you helping one of your buddies in Hemet with a rebuild? I thought you guys were working on a crappy build from some shop and they threw in some dished pistons when it called for flats. My bad if I was wrong.

Thanks for the props on the Vette.

Didnt get it :dunno: