Cross Drilled/slotted Rotors?

yttaf

I preffer sloted rotors. Unless your paying huge bucks for crossdrilled rotors, you run the rist of having them crack between the drill points. Happend to me with my camaro, and its braking needs wernt near as high as they are with our trucks.

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

well it is worth it to get the eradispeed rotors that are 14" slotted/drilled for like $800 or brembo just released there rotor upgrade kit it consists of 14.4" crossdrilled rotors, stainless steel lines, brake pads for like $1,100

I have stock GM rotors that have been slotted and cross drilled along with Hawk pads. Keep in mind that you are losing some rotor material so in theory, your stopping power is less (with everything else the same). Who cares, to me it performs as well as or a tad better than stock. Add some stainless lines and it will be very noticeable. It just looks good as well.

I preffer sloted rotors. Unless your paying huge bucks for crossdrilled rotors, you run the rist of having them crack between the drill points.

I would definitely stay away from drilled rotors, high heat causes them to crack. You can get a set of stock sized Power Slot Rotors for somewhere between $85-$105, which is very close to the price of a Delco replacement rotor. They will not oxidize like the other rotors do because of a heavy duty cadmium coating. I have stock size Power Slots on mine, and the brake feel was improved nicely. With Power Slot Rotors, you still retain 96% of useable brake area, with drilled and slotted rotors you will have considerably less. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

krambo who drilled your stock GM rotors?
I bought them off of E-bay after talking to the guy selling them. I can't remember the member's name off hand however they are GM part numbers with the x-drills in the right places.
krambo who drilled your stock GM rotors?
I bought them off of E-bay after talking to the guy selling them. I can't remember the member's name off hand however they are GM part numbers with the x-drills in the right places. I would go larger than stock however i wanted to be able to run 16's for the track. I see a big caliper and rotor kit in my future.

Only get cross-drilled (best for performance purposes, unlike others may have suggested) if you buy the good stuff. Baer and Brembo comes to mind. If you find a cross-drilled rotor under $1,000, or from a poor company, you got 99.9% of cracking between the holes, and the rotor failing on you. Look at this way, think of getting cross-drilled rotors to getting surgury done to you, would you want any joe blow from the street, or pay the big bucks for the people who got the experience and the reputation for doing the job the correct way.