One Spacer Or Two

well i bought the transgo hd-2 kit from flt transmission and chuck says on his instructions to use 1 spacer but i have read a few posts where they say to use 2 but not 3 cause 3 will break some internals. Any info would be appreciated thanks

Using two spacers will result in a very harsh shift......my kit used the 1 spacer that Vince recommended and it shifts firm but not too harsh. :chevy:

i want it to shift as hard as possible without breaking anything so would you go 2 spacers?

I recommend one or none depending on which 1-2 accumulator housing you have. The early housing you can get away with out the washer. With the late housing the gold spring seat falls down to the bottom of the housing. That is why the directions from us say to use one washer. I have been making some changes to the directions as of lately. The ones that the original poster has are probably a set that I modified originally. I have to get some pictures of the different housings to help discussions like this. Good luck with the install and call if you need anything. Vince

I wish I'd have read that better. If I'd have noticed that it was from FLT I'd have said just follow the instructions and do it as they recomend. They've put plenty of research into what they have found works best. I wouldn't second guess their instructions.