Finally About To Go Down

1BAD2K

i have belltech shackles that are about 1.5'' bc i used the 2nd hole. i am finally about to get some belltech 2" spindles. i was wondering if anyone was running shackles and hangers in the rear. i want 2" hangers which will give me a little over 3" total with my shackles. i dont want any vibration or shimming issues though. also what would be the best shocks to run? bilsteins/ i want a very close to stock ride with maybe a little less body rol when turing but i dont want to sacrifice and end up with a much stiffer of a ride.

I'm not sure what year your truck is. Me I am about to add hangers I just did 2" shackles and am about to do hangers as well. I am running my stock shocks. there was no need to change them when they are practically brand new but if you have alot of miles i'd say go ahead and change them but I am not sure what others are running.

dont run stock shocks on anything lower than a 2 inch drop. you can do leafpacks like i did in the back and get 3/3.5 inch drop with stock shackles.

:withstupid: I highly, highly recommend you consider de-arched springs vs. raised front spring eyes. Chaning the rear spring hanger alone has minor effect on axle pinion angle; but raising the front spring-eye location not only changes axle pinion angle a shit-load, it also is a major change on the instant center of the vehicle and the truck will launch differently. It is typical when installing the McGaughy's Deluxe kit on a AWD SS it will loose 1-tenth in the quarter because of this change in rear suspension geometry.

Mr. P.

im def gonna use belltech over everything else bc of everything i have heard plus all the parts i have used from them in the past seem to be of high quality.

also, i have heard people say that changing to the de-arched springs in the rear give you a lot stiffer of a ride but if the front hangers change the pinion angle so bad i might have to suck it up and deal with the stiffer ride.

:withstupid: I highly, highly recommend you consider de-arched springs vs. raised front spring eyes. Chaning the rear spring hanger alone has minor effect on axle pinion angle; but raising the front spring-eye location not only changes axle pinion angle a shit-load, it also is a major change on the instant center of the vehicle and the truck will launch differently. It is typical when installing the McGaughy's Deluxe kit on a AWD SS it will loose 1-tenth in the quarter because of this change in rear suspension geometry.

Mr. P.

so your saying NOT to use shackles & hangers? Use de-arched springs instead? Don't want to have to buy more parts than needed.

MHO... For what it is worth I would only use the leaf packs. The only down side to them, you will lose bed weight compacity. This can be over come with a set of helper bags, for a few bucks.

The benifit to leaf packs over shackles and hagers as well, there is no need to grind anything off the frame... Remove a few bolts and place the new leaf in place...

IMG_7069.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7059.JPG

Leaf pack and spindle kit...

kaotik1, what rear leafs were you using. your shit looks amazing but might be a little low for me with my 4 wheeler in the back. 350lb is about tops on the weight i tow though.

They are the belltech leaf packs. I don't remember the part number off hand though.. You will be fine with a quad in the back, I put my dirt bike in there twice with no issues.

They are the belltech leaf packs. I don't remember the part number off hand though.. You will be fine with a quad in the back, I put my dirt bike in there twice with no issues.

Thanx kaotik1 your truck looks tight & the stance is exactly where I want mine to sit!!!

so your saying NOT to use shackles & hangers? Use de-arched springs instead? Don't want to have to buy more parts than needed.

What about spindles and shackles?? I have seen a few guys go with those. Mr P, can you give us the break down on those too? And what do you recommend to drop the truck with?