Mp3 Player Help/info Needed

SSThunder

OK. I'm working out more these days so I was thinking about getting a MP3 player. Does anybody on here have the Sansa c200 2GB MP3 Player? I can get these for $70 so I figure this would be a good unit to get. What do you guys think? It plays MP3, WMA, WAV and protected WMA DRM and has a built-in FM tuner.

Next question. where do people download their music these days? I want to download free music for my player so any site that has mp3, WMA or WAV files would be great. I've also got cds I would like to rip and convert to mp3. What software do yo uguys use to do that?

Thanks, Jeremy

I'm not familiar with the unit (Sansa c200 2GB MP3) you're talking about...

On the topic of downloading free music: I can't (read: won't) tell you where to get free music from. I will say *cough*BitTorrent*cough*, but if you have to ask where to get it, you most likely will not understand how to use BitTorrent effectively.

On the topic of ripping CDs: iTunes. It's readily available, free, and it does its job well. Just make sure that you tell iTunes to rip in .mp3, or else it will do it in AAC and that will really ruin your day when you try to make MP3 CDs...

Let us know what other info you need! :thumbs:

I'm not familiar with the unit (Sansa c200 2GB MP3) you're talking about...

On the topic of downloading free music: I can't (read: won't) tell you where to get free music from. I will say *cough*BitTorrent*cough*, but if you have to ask where to get it, you most likely will not understand how to use BitTorrent effectively.

On the topic of ripping CDs: iTunes. It's readily available, free, and it does its job well. Just make sure that you tell iTunes to rip in .mp3, or else it will do it in AAC and that will really ruin your day when you try to make MP3 CDs...

Let us know what other info you need! :thumbs:

Thanks for the info. I've been out of the mp3 world for a few years. I'm a computer person so I can probably figure out BitTorrent.

OK I just bought my daughter a 4GB Creative player at Fry's for $75 this last Christmas and it's pretty cool and portable. The way it is made is like a USB flash drive, you just plug it into the computer and badda-bing you got a drive you can drag & drop MP3 songs to/from. They were selling the 2GB ones for like $50-60.

AFA getting the actual MP3s themselves, the best way IMO is to rip your own CDs and the easiest way to do this (on the Windows PC) is to use Windows Media player. Or if you want to make more of a project for yourself you can learn to use Exact Audio Copy & LAME to rip/encode MP3s of much higher audio quality. I hate the stuff guys are passing around on torrent rings because the encoding is crappy, I won't listen to MP3s that are less than 192kbps. Also I still feel MP3 is the best sounding format, better than AAC etc.

If you are looking for a MP3 player that is a lot smaller I think that Creative has a 2GB unit that is basically a knock-off of the iPod Nano...

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

i bought the Sansa for my dad, its a good unit. I bought it for cuz his 07 NNBS has an mp3 hookup in the factory radio and he hates CD's. He likes, and easy to use. As far as downloading, I dont take any chnaces anymore with the free crap. I pay roughly $30 a months for 360Share. You can find and get anything, and use them anywhere. I think it can even be used for iTunes..dont quote me tho.