Ss Center Caps

Hi this is my first post. I have a question I'm sure someone will be able to answer. I looked up the part # for spare center caps because I lost one. The question is I can't find one that says SS on it. Mine all say ss and the spare part is just a bowtie. Is the SS centercap aftermarket? I have a 2003 and I bought it that way. All four are the same color as the rim and have black ss tags in the middle.

The other issue is if it is aftermarket I can't find one to match for the life of me. I looked on ebay etc etc, all over the internet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

All my center caps have the :chevy: emblem them not the SS.

:withstupid:

same with mine. my buddy is getting his wheels powder coated as we speak and went to the dealership to buy some spare center caps and they came up with 75.00 bucks each. 300 bucks for 4...bit much.

Hi this is my first post. I have a question I'm sure someone will be able to answer. I looked up the part # for spare center caps because I lost one. The question is I can't find one that says SS on it. Mine all say ss and the spare part is just a bowtie. Is the SS centercap aftermarket? I have a 2003 and I bought it that way. All four are the same color as the rim and have black ss tags in the middle.

The other issue is if it is aftermarket I can't find one to match for the life of me. I looked on ebay etc etc, all over the internet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi jeff here ( redrocker ) first if you need center cap call schram auto in pontiac mi they purchase every thing that gm wrecks ,test , everything, i'll bet they have a center cap phn # 800-462-9292 Now the center cap emblem i'll bet a very good grafix design shop made a decal for your application. i had a set of custom rims but hated the center cap and had a friend at sign & design make me up a center cap decal and you would never know!!! But the key is to use a high end decal sticker for this & someone that knows there stuff... hope this helps you....Jeff (redrocker)

Hi jeff here ( redrocker ) first if you need center cap call schram auto in pontiac mi they purchase every thing that gm wrecks ,test , everything, i'll bet they have a center cap phn # 800-462-9292 Now the center cap emblem i'll bet a very good grafix design shop made a decal for your application. i had a set of custom rims but hated the center cap and had a friend at sign & design make me up a center cap decal and you would never know!!! But the key is to use a high end decal sticker for this & someone that knows there stuff... hope this helps you....Jeff (redrocker)

Yes it did very much. Where is sign and design? I'm in Shelby twp. It sounds like you live in MI. I'm gonna give schram a ring and then try to get the same sticker made. I'm pretty sure it's a sticker over the emblem. I guess I could try to rip one off to see. Thanks a lot though for the help redrocker.

Yes it did very much. Where is sign and design? I'm in Shelby twp. It sounds like you live in MI. I'm gonna give schram a ring and then try to get the same sticker made. I'm pretty sure it's a sticker over the emblem. I guess I could try to rip one off to see. Thanks a lot though for the help redrocker.

I live on cass lake in oakland connty, travel to shelby all the time. One of my good friends lives at land of the lakes at 23mile and schenneir. sign and desing is in petoskey mi which is where i lived for a long time. ask for reeb if he still works there he will hook you up with any style you like ( he is quit a car guy) phn # 231-348-9256 measure the center cap perfectly and tell him what your after. good luck PS it will proably be a 2-part decal meening crome back-ground and what ever u choose for the main decal ss vette bowtail etc

Jeff ( redrocker )

• 3 years later...