Cats..................

GetWithIt

I did a search, and I am still undecided on what to do. I have a passenger side cat that is acting up, and was wondering if I should replace both with a stock-type converter, or go with high-flows.......I'm pretty sure (from other posts on this subject) that it really wouldn't benefit me right now to go with the high-flows considering my truck is stock with the exception of a CAI and true dual......Any more input on this? Should I just get something more along the lines of "stockers" or?? I was even contemplating "gutting" the existing ones, and having my rear O2 sensors "tuned-out"........I'm just trying to figure out the more cost efficient way for me to do this right now........Thanks for any help/input.......... :cheers:

with true duals, i would gut the damn things. it will add a little HP & sound louder. the only reason i have high flows on mine is because the corsa sounds raspy as shit without cats, but very loud though. damn i wish corsa made a dual setup. :banghead:

Thanks for the replies............... :chevy: I'm really trying to debate on the cost factor though.....This hit me at a bad time of the year right now, and I'm trying to be "nice" to the wallet for a while......I think I might look into gutting them myself, and spending the money on a tune to delete the rear O2 sensors, and give the truck a little more "pep" with the custom tune..........I swear, this truck is sending me to an early grave..... :banghead:

Thanks for the replies............... :chevy: I'm really trying to debate on the cost factor though.....This hit me at a bad time of the year right now, and I'm trying to be "nice" to the wallet for a while......I think I might look into gutting them myself, and spending the money on a tune to delete the rear O2 sensors, and give the truck a little more "pep" with the custom tune..........I swear, this truck is sending me to an early grave..... :banghead:

yeah it is expensive to mod our trucks,but when i look at my truck it puts a bid ass smile on my face. :D

yeah it is expensive to mod our trucks,but when i look at my truck it puts a bid ass smile on my face. :D

.................. :D I agree, but it always seems to want "something new" at a bad time..............I know my wife isn't happy about part of the taxes getting spent on the truck....AGAIN..... :rolleyes: I've spent too much money remodeling the house lately, and my wallet needs a break. Just when I thought I was getting ahead again.......

I did a search, and I am still undecided on what to do. I have a passenger side cat that is acting up, and was wondering if I should replace both with a stock-type converter, or go with high-flows.......I'm pretty sure (from other posts on this subject) that it really wouldn't benefit me right now to go with the high-flows considering my truck is stock with the exception of a CAI and true dual......Any more input on this? Should I just get something more along the lines of "stockers" or?? I was even contemplating "gutting" the existing ones, and having my rear O2 sensors "tuned-out"........I'm just trying to figure out the more cost efficient way for me to do this right now........Thanks for any help/input.......... :cheers:

the factory converters have a 8 year 80,000 mile warrenty, take it to the pros!

the factory converters have a 8 year 80,000 mile warrenty, take it to the pros!

You've got to be kiddin'............. :confused: Is this really true? I obviously had no idea...............I guess I'll be buggin' the shop manager at the stealership tomorrow.......................

You've got to be kiddin'............. :confused: Is this really true? I obviously had no idea...............I guess I'll be buggin' the shop manager at the stealership tomorrow.......................

yes it is i work for GM. give me the last 8 digets of your VIN and ill conferm this for you, know they have an 8/80 on them.

yes it is i work for GM. give me the last 8 digets of your VIN and ill conferm this for you, know they have an 8/80 on them.

Wow.......... :D ...Thanks for the info..if this works out, I will definitely owe you a beer. Hell, I'll even PayPal you enough money to buy a case... :cheers: ..................31331301..................

Wow.......... :D ...Thanks for the info..if this works out, I will definitely owe you a beer. Hell, I'll even PayPal you enough money to buy a case... :cheers: ..................31331301..................

Description Effective Date Effective Odometer End Date End Odometer 36/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER LIMITED WARRANTY 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2006 36000 miles 72/100000 SHEET METAL COVERAGE RUST THROUGH LIMITED WARRANTY 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2009 100000 miles 96/80000 FEDERAL EMISSION CATALYTIC CONV. AND PCM 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2011 80000 miles 36/36000 FEDERAL EMISSION 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2006 36000 miles

Description Effective Date Effective Odometer End Date End Odometer 36/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER LIMITED WARRANTY 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2006 36000 miles 72/100000 SHEET METAL COVERAGE RUST THROUGH LIMITED WARRANTY 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2009 100000 miles 96/80000 FEDERAL EMISSION CATALYTIC CONV. AND PCM 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2011 80000 miles 36/36000 FEDERAL EMISSION 04/26/2003 0 miles 04/26/2006 36000 miles

To sum it up the 8 year/80,000 mile warranty on the cats is a Federal mandate, it is in your owners manual. :chevy: