Bye Bye Stock Lq9

AZFASTESTSS

After a year of waiting on the trans its the motors turn # 5 piston is missing some mass from a stupid mistake :wtf: I just had to drive it to home depot and did not take out the race tune and on the way back gave it 1/4 throttle and droped into 2nd high boost, high part of the timing graph, low part of the fuel and ping ping ping ,bye bye piston. So the new motor is in the works 408 w/ Compstar crank, H beam rods, diamond pistons, L92 heads ported, new fuel system (using the stock tank), and a T Trim. The n2o is going to there for added backer if needed, Iwasn't going to do much more after the tranny was done becuase of the other project being built but these trucks are to fun not to add more!!!!!!!!

P.S. here's the oter projectpost-3350-1201661279_thumb.jpg

408 should be in by the end of feb, the project is a 67 C/10 body on a Neriz 6.0 Certed Chassis that I,m going to run in PSCA hopfully sometime in the future if I don't break the SSS again (the wife is getting pissed :wtf: )

i love those old C/10's, you'll make that thing fly with a built 6.0. and how many miles did you put that LQ9 through?these motors can really handle an awful lot, and i bet you would of got alot more if the mishap didn't occur. shit happen's though.

AZFASTESTSS, havn't seen you around for awhile now, how have you been? Sorry to here about the LQ9 though. Atleast we all know it can take some serious abuse.

Just been working my ass off building other peaple's hot rods and tring to stay on top of my trucks. I was't to suprised on the stock motor and I could of just put a piston in it an ran but this gives me an excuse to build bigger and badder. The truck and motor only has 4300 miles on it and we are going to fix the stock motor and stuff it in my brother street 67 C/10 (not my chassis truck its gettig a 622 1300hp motor) :cheers: Thanks for the support guys and will try to post more so it doesn't look like i'm a ghost :chevy:

Edited by AZFASTESTSS (see edit history)

Just been working my ass off building other peaple's hot rods and tring to stay on top of my trucks. I was't to suprised on the stock motor and I could of just put a piston in it an ran but this gives me an excuse to build bigger and badder. The truck and motor only has 4300 miles on it and we are going to fix the stock motor and stuff it in my brother street 67 C/10 (not my chassis truck its gettig a 622 1300hp motor) :cheers: Thanks for the support guys and will try to post more so it doesn't look like i'm a ghost :chevy:

wow you only had 4300mi on your truck! thats damn good for a 03'. . . . . .