Yay Success

Chevyman03SS

Well its my birthday next month and i was wanting to get a new phone and the one i wanted was like 300 bucks well!!!! I just talked my wife into letting me get headers instead of the phone! That is definitly a better buy than a phone! I am getting the edelbrock shorty headers !!! Finally :D:driving: this will be the first mod that i actually get to put on my the Sss myself!

like drclaw said, save a couple more dollars and get yourself some long tubes...you wont find much if any performance increase out of shorties over the stock manifolds...maybe get a different sound but thats about it.

Sorry to break yall hearts but i al ready have a true dual system on the truck! I f i get the long tubes i will have to get more exhaust work done it will cost more in the long run! Sorry fellas but i do appreciate all of the help and info on the exhaust!!!!

well no matter what exhaust you have youll have to modify for long tubes.

imo save your money for something else. shorty headers will not make the price worth it at all. the stock truck manifolds flow well enough.

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/defa...p;PKV=72C2265|0

Must not have looked very hard, this site is even a sponsor. I know it says 4.8/5.3 but if they have those, they'll have the 6.0 Hell i think the headers themselves are the same, the Y pipe is different if im not mistaken.

Edited by ChevyMan23 (see edit history)

Well i cant find anyone that sells the long tubes where can i find them ? I even looked on Pacesetters website!

Look on eBay for OBX Long tubes, they are around $489. They are the same as the "old style" Dynatech LT's. New Dynatechs from Tbyrne are around $1100-$1200 depending if they have a special on them. Both the OBX and Dynatech's bolt right up with little to no fab work to your existing cat-back system. I have new style Dynatech's with a Corsa cat-back and they bolted right up with no fab work. Also try to do a search under the bolt-on section to see other member's experiences with different brands, install recommendations, etc...The search button is your friend :thumbs:

i see go with some Pacesetter LT's they go for pretty cheap and they're god headers.

i got these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PaceSetter-...Q2em118Q2el1247

i wish i would'nt payed a little more and the coated one's tho: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-PaceSet...sspagenameZWDVW

GOOD LUCK

-Rob