Bluetooth Headsets

Stitches040

Hey All ...

I am looking into getting a Bluetooth Headset for my cell phone. I just have a few questions for those who use them.

What Model/Brand do you have??

Do you like the way it Sounds???

Do the people you talk to have a hard time hearing you??

Is it easy to use??

Does the battery stay charged long??

Thanks in advance for your help .... :thumbs:

I use a motorla one, it was about $100. People can hear me fine in the car or a small room, but in public places it will pick up alot of background noise and you cant whisper into it. So you cant have quiet conversations. I wont use it in public as it is pointless and I dont like everyone to hear my convos... Mine will stay charged for about 3 days and usually provide up to 4-5 hours of talk time, but I dont push it, I plug it in everynight.

i wear one while i work, so that i can take phone calls w/o stopping my work. greatly increases my productivity. They are wonderful if you have a job that you work with your hands, plus field a lot of phone calls.

also, i think it should be law to be required to use handsfree while driving, i have had so many almost wrecks due to someone with a phone held to their ear.

i use the motorola silver one, i think it was 59.99 and it was worth every penny. i hardly ever have to charge it(about once a week), and i use it all the time. it will create more draw on your phone battery though, so you will have to charge your phone more frequently.

I'm sorry but blue tooth in the car is ok but using while you walk around a store or any where outside the vehicle is super gay IMHO..I just see people with those things and think they look absolutly goofy as hell.

:withstupid: lol I don't think ppl realize how gay they look walking around with those things in their ears

I use the motorola ones, they seem to work the best, and be fairly inexpensive. I have two versions one that folds, I like this one because it seems to me to work better, and is more clear. I have one that is non folding or stick type, that works well and a bit more stylish. Problem here is it lets a little bit of wond under the mircophone, so the people you may be talking to can tell it's windy. Neither of which have I found to be comfortable, but they are required when driving.

http://www.techoni.com.au/images/motorola_...oth_headset.gif Flip version

http://www.phonesonline.ie/img/mobile_phon...oth_headset.jpgStick version

I also have the oakley deal sunglasses with the bluetooth. Never got to use it though, brand new in the box if you have some intrest in that. The earbud is movable to fit right into your ear, so its a bit more comfy. This style uses a reverb type a micro phone which works off the inner ear and is suppose ot be more stable with the wind factor. Down side to these if its not sunny out or night time, the headset is attached to sunglasses...

http://www.colleges.com/Umagazine/2006summ...leyrazrwire.jpgOakley version

Edited by kaotik1 (see edit history)

Those little hands-free adapters are great, albeit yeah they could be a lot more fashionable. I've got a Plantronics one, and I don't like it as the volume is not very good (only gets 1/2 as loud as the wired ear buds) and the range is so-so (about 10-12 feet before static, and 25-ft max range). When driving in the truck the Plantronics is so soft on the volume I cannot hear what the caller is saying, but then again my truck does not seal well and has tons of wind rush, I have to use the wired ear-buds. But inside the house it works fine; I am sure that sometime in the future I will buy another and I will definitely check the volume on the next one!

Mr. P. :)

Jawbone is the best,(imho) top noise cancellation technology, They do cause your CELL PHONE Battery to draw down faster, Uses more power for the Bluetooth Connection. Jabra BT250 is a good one also, used one for a year. Personally, I went back to the wire. Better sound quality. If your around someone else with a Bluetooth at the same time, you ca get some interference. I don't like the looks of the Motorola Surf Boards.

Edited by LSR Mike (see edit history)

I too used the Plantronics brand ... I think mine was the Discovery 640 or something like that. I did not run into any of the volume troubles Steve did. As for the static, it was only noticable when the battery was about dead, otherwise no one even knew I was on a hand free set. Another thing I liked was the charger, it had the wall charger, but also a portable charger that used a AAA battery and would give you a full day off that easily.

As for the phone battery, make sure you shut off the blue tooth when you aren't using it. Your battery will drain quickly while it searches for a blue tooth device.

thanks for you help guys!!!!! :thumbs:

I went with the Motorola H700 .... for $25.00, I don't think I can go wrong ....

Linky ....

Hey All ...

Well I got my Bluetooth Headset in. I have finally used it for work as I intended. Most of my friends that I talk talk to, could not notice a difference. The had no clue I was using on.

Yeah, you look a psycho talking to yourself in the car, but it does do what it was designed to do.

Thanks again for all your help.... :thumbs: