Question About My System And Onstar

i've had this happen to me twice.. i've fried two receivers immediately after installation. the first and second time i put a new receiver in my truck i pushed the onstar button and my cd player fried somehow. i've had both tested to see if they work in different vehicles and also tested at an audio shop and they've told me they're fried.

are my pac adapters faulty? or is my onstar surging my system somehow? i'm at a loss.. i just purchased an avic d3 and don't need this to happen to it as well..

any guidance would be great here!

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

i've had this happen to me twice.. i've fried two receivers immediately after installation. the first and second time i put a new receiver in my truck i pushed the onstar button and my cd player fried somehow. i've had both tested to see if they work in different vehicles and also tested at an audio shop and they've told me they're fried.

are my pac adapters faulty? or is my onstar surging my system somehow? i'm at a loss.. i just purchased an avic d3 and don't need this to happen to it as well..

any guidance would be great here!

the onstar system simply clicks a relay in your pac adaptor. i have a ton of questions, but here are just a few. when you say you "blew" up 2 recievers, what do you mean? what pac piece do you have? what do you have for amplification in the truck? the reason i ask is cause if you are deleting the factory bose amp, you need to use a different pac piece than if you are keeping the bose amp. just a few simple questions to get me down the right path to get you some answers.

the onstar system simply clicks a relay in your pac adaptor. i have a ton of questions, but here are just a few. when you say you "blew" up 2 recievers, what do you mean? what pac piece do you have? what do you have for amplification in the truck? the reason i ask is cause if you are deleting the factory bose amp, you need to use a different pac piece than if you are keeping the bose amp. just a few simple questions to get me down the right path to get you some answers.

when i say "blew up," i mean both head units are no longer functional. no screen, lights, eject, no power.. nothing. i had best buy test them with a test light and also in another vehicle they were working on at the time just to see if it was just my truck or what. but they were both dead.

i'm not sure of the pac adapter model number because i tossed it a few months back after my second receiver blew. just decided to just throw the stock head unit back in.. i do not have bose. but i do have the other pac adapter for the steering wheel controls as well. it's the wirelesss steering wheel button pac adapter, if that means anything.

also, i do not have subs or any other form of amplification. just a receiver and pac adapters at the time..

i appreciate the response.

simple plug and play piece. could have been your onstar adaptor, but very doubtful. if it was, i would send that shit back to pac and have them pay for your old radios.

as for an answer, i have had great luck with Peripheral products, even tho most of them are PAC pieces...

your steering wheel controls should have nothing to do with it.