?'s About Headers

00silverad0

I'm looking into gettin a set of Pacesetter LT's w/ ORY. My question is I have a true dual setup right now so I would most likely have to tweak that to some extent correct? Also, I have read that alot of you guys have had a time installing the LT's and I was wondering what I would be looking at for a install (ballpark figure). Also if you guys have any suggestions I should go with on my headers, please let me know. As for the ORY, that means deleting the cats and I was wondering about losing backpressure. With cat delete, can I just get retuned for that and not have a problem with it or what. Thanks

Its not the fact that I want to run an ORY, I just wanted to know if there was any benefit of doing it or not. If there isnt I would rather stay with my true duals I have now which would be easier. Thanks for clearing that up.

gotcha. my understanding is that an ORY is great for the 4.8/5.3 guys that dont have dual exhaust from the factory. not sure on cost. i installed my own headers then had an exhaust shop fab up the rest which ive since changed 3 times, lol.

Ya, pacesetter has them for 375 jet hot coated so I'll be ordering these soon. Any suggestions about the backpressure deal? By deleting the cats, is this going to harm my backpressure/hp/mpg or can it be fixed with a tune. Just looking for some info before I puchase. Thanks for the info already guys.

Going catless will only (negatively) affect you while the rear o2s are still activated. As soon as you get them tuned out, you will be fine though. Backpressure is something you want less of, and removing the cats will give an improvement (not much, but an improvement nonetheless). An x-pipe would be much better than the ORY (if you don't have one already), especially since you already run true duals.