New Ls7 Block On The Way

Whats everyones choice for pistons and rings for a boosted app

Arias, Je, Malhe, Diamond ect thats about my pic :chevy:

Also if anyone knows of a good deal for pistons let me know!!

6.0L is fubar now

so here is the new build, most parts here or on the way

New ls7 block

Je -29cc Pistons

hellfire rings

callies 4.00" crank

callies rods

used set of cnc port LS7 heads

LS7 carb intake to get away from #7 cyl dieing in a boosted app

60lb injectors

Edited by BlownFogger540 (see edit history)

hell ya man. what do you think it'll run? low 11's to high 10's maybe.

If it can kill a new 505hp vette in the 1/4 that is, I will be happy, but think if the AWD drivetrain stays together it will be high 10's

04chase seems to kill only tranys from what ive seen with a little less torque.

you wont get 15 psi on a 427+ with a v2 vortech youll need at a minumum a v-1 t trim or if i were you a ysi.

not trying to bash your selection of parts but i would have went with an lsx block over a ls7 , one the ls7 casting isnt the best compared to a lsx . for boost iron block tend to be mor ereliable and have longevity. i dont know what you paid for the ls7 block but an lsx can be had for about 1800 bucks.

For pistons you will probbaly need something custom . i am using diamond which are very common but a bit heavier. there are alot of good pistons out there, je, mahle etc.

you wont get 15 psi on a 427+ with a v2 vortech youll need at a minumum a v-1 t trim or if i were you a ysi.

not trying to bash your selection of parts but i would have went with an lsx block over a ls7 , one the ls7 casting isnt the best compared to a lsx . for boost iron block tend to be mor ereliable and have longevity. i dont know what you paid for the ls7 block but an lsx can be had for about 1800 bucks.

For pistons you will probbaly need something custom . i am using diamond which are very common but a bit heavier. there are alot of good pistons out there, je, mahle etc.

I talked to the guys at Lingenfelter and they are running one LS7 1600hp boosted no problems here's the link http://www.lingenfelter.com/documents/KoernerZO6_000.pdf

he also said like most others the 6.2 wont take boosted 600-800 hp

LS7 block =$2389 ready for assembly

LSX block =$1870 plus boring to 4.125"/honeing/parrel decking just that m/c work is way over the LS7 and maybe align hone so I have herd thats been a problem

Edited by BlownFogger540 (see edit history)

Thats the psi it ran on my 6.0L with L92 heads, stock 3.33 pulley and a TR blower cam, it wont be as much on a 7.0L.

i kind of find that hard to beleive. on a stock 6.0l with the stock pulley is 8lbs . and with heads and a blower cam it should be a bit less. either your boost guage was off or your setup wasnt flowing what it should have.

but this is my opinion.

i still think reguardless of what one person is running would that make my decision on the block . i havent heard of many problems maching the lsx block. there are always a few here and there but thats to be expected with anything. take it for what its worth . i wish you luck on your build.

yea im with chase on this one... ls7 block is not the first choice in a FI application, thin cylinder walls, hence a big reason the new ZR1 is a 6.2 block... every truck i have seen with an ls7 was NA...

:withstupid:

I agree. I would love to say "Its a 427 LS7" however having all that boost you want, an LSX block or an iron 6.0L (bored and stroked to whatever - 370, 402, 408, 410..) will just be a better choice,...if you are looking for some longevity.

And that Lingenfelter LS7 boosted 1300HP,...of course they will push that motor to the limit, they want the publicity of being the premier performance vette builder in the world. How many miles do you think that LS7 will last? As usabodyguard stated, the ZR1 is a 6.2l for a good reason.

I have a LSX Block and machining it to the 427 cubes desired did cost some extra $$.I do agree with krambo and chase in that the durability is there for future upgrades and its overall strenght.I also agree with you that the cost of the LS7 block purchase is More cost effective up front(only for the lack of machining)and can be built with ease, but I think it will cost you in the long run.Especially if you are planning on boost levels that high.There are + and- in everything that you do, just add em up to see which one fits and run with it.Just an opinion from one who IS going to BOOST a 427.

As far as parts for the build you have some good chioces so far.

Rings: I chose Hell fire 1/16 1/16 3/16

Pistons: Manley forged 2618's

Both were purchased from SDPC at a very reasonable price.

I like those who follow thru :cool:

i kind of find that hard to beleive. on a stock 6.0l with the stock pulley is 8lbs . and with heads and a blower cam it should be a bit less. either your boost guage was off or your setup wasnt flowing what it should have.

but this is my opinion.

i still think reguardless of what one person is running would that make my decision on the block . i havent heard of many problems maching the lsx block. there are always a few here and there but thats to be expected with anything. take it for what its worth . i wish you luck on your build.

Is there any way to tell what trim the blower is ? all it says is V-2 ? it does blow alot of air even at a idle 750 rpm that is

I was using a brand new phantomII electric gauge for boost was going to double check with the gauge out of my race car but never got around to it before the engine died!

Is there any way to tell what trim the blower is ? all it says is V-2 ? it does blow alot of air even at a idle 750 rpm that is

I was using a brand new phantomII electric gauge for boost was going to double check with the gauge out of my race car but never got around to it before the engine died!

theres a serial number on the top of the blower. call vortech and they can tell you what it is to be sure. also i agree with the guys here. im not trying to trash either i just want to see your build to be a success. the v2 s-tim is vortech street supercharger good for 680hp. the problem with it i think is that with your big motor and the head work that blower wont be able to feed that big of a motor. on my 408 i only made 10 psi. thats why i switched to the v1 t-rim. with your motor i agree with chase, use the ysi im planing on swapping my t-trim for the ysi. its a good blower for what you want and should be able to feed that motor no problem. keep in mind you can slow the blower down to keep within the hp level you want. also there is a max impeller speed which im sure your awear of, make sure you dont overly access that limit becasue it could damage the blower. good luck with the build man hopes this helps keep us posted