Noob Hid Q's

OK, so I have the kit picked out that i want (philips) I have a couple stupid q's.

Is there a way to disable that stupid light sensor so I can turn the lights off and on manually? I thaught I heard that having the lights on before votlage is optimal isnt to good for them, Or is that BS and I can just leave it alone. Also, does anyone have any good install pics? Looksing for a place to hide the ballast and all, and pics would be very helpfull. I want to keep the install looking as clean and factory *ha ha* looking as possible. Thanks folks!

to turn the lights on and off manually all u have to do is turn the light switch down to the left once and then they wont come on any more and you turn them up and to the right to turn on. i dont have any pics of my install, a lot of the kits are different with how long the wires are connecting the bulb to the ballast etc. some have a lot more length than others, so that limits you to how much you can hide them. you wont be able to see the ballasts though unless u really just take off the grill shell, no one will know.

I must be retarted, cause I just tried it. The second I turn the key forward, the lights come on. Tried turning the switch to the off position before turning the key, same thing. Now, the switch is normally in the auto position, and I tried turning it to the left to off. Ive never played with it before, so either im really tired here at work, ok just brain dead lol.

ur right, turning it to the right will only shut them off for the time the truck is running on that startup or turning the key forward, every time you turn the key forward it resets and they automatically come on.

here's a previous post of when i installed my HID's

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...7785&hl=HID

that last pics are pics of where I mounted the ballasts.

looking at these I'm getting the itch to do some work on my truck. Nothing's better than putting some cool new stuff on your SS

ES :flag:

Edited by 06redSSrwd (see edit history)