Front Axle Rebuild ?s

i changed all the fluids on my SS this past weekend, and as expected there was some metal on the magnet of the drainplug for the front axle. No noises yet. My question is that when the time comes it needs to be done, i will do it myself, and i looked up the process of doing it and of course like anything else GM says there is a dozen special tools you need. Most of them are BS as usual, but are there any that are critical to have? the one i saw that i thought might be is the adjuster one for the side bearings. Anyone done their own on here?

I did mine, bought the parts from riverside gear and did have to make some special pullers and drivers to get all the bearings out. You will also need a verysmall torque wrench (0 to 60 inch #) to set the preloads KD tools#2955. Also the GM manual for the procedure.

www.riversidegear.com

I did mine, bought the parts from riverside gear and did have to make some special pullers and drivers to get all the bearings out. You will also need a verysmall torque wrench (0 to 60 inch #) to set the preloads KD tools#2955. Also the GM manual for the procedure.

www.riversidegear.com

sounds good, i already have all that stuff from doing rear axles, just never done one on a front IFS axle with how the case spilts apart and all. Thanks