Dyno Results

Jaymz

Finally decided to go ahead and get the dyno done on the 03 AWD SS. The closest one I could find was a mustang dyno although everything went pretty smooth. Hardest part was getting the thing harnessed correctly.

Tried a few different intake and exhaust combos', The one that produced the most Horsepower and torque was with 94 octane, complete COI, and the exhaust cut outs OPEN ( no cats on the truck, bi-passes the Flow40's) The hp and tq curves follow very close, all in all im very pleased with the results.

Next step is to get my cam, and LT's installed

results off the flywheel (used rwhp X wcf+35%<awd> drivetrain loss) please correct me if im wrong? :cheers:

428 HP at 4,851 rpm

464 ft.lbs.tq. at 4,748 rpm

sorry about the bad dyno sheet pics, i dont have a scanner

dyno004.jpg

dyno003.jpg

dyno002.jpg

dyno001.jpg

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

Very Nice Numbers! After we spoke earier, the correct way to figure your flywheel hp/tq was realized....

284.3/.65 = 437.3 hp

308.1/.65 = 474 ftlbs tq

.........using the 35% loss factor before dyno added WCF.

Those numbers seem high for a stock motor. You said the dyno was modified....in what way? Mustang dynoes are better because they provide rolling resisatnce where as a Dynojet is inertia based, someone correct me if I am wrong.

:chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Very Nice Numbers! After we spoke earier, the correct way to figure your flywheel hp/tq was realized....

284.3/.65 = 437.3 hp

308.1/.65 = 474 ftlbs tq

.........using the 35% loss factor before dyno added WCF.

437 hp even better lol. thanks for the info ! This dyno was purchased from a speed center and moved to a different location, the operator just mumbled it had been modied for the move in, and has the capability to run awd dynos.

What CAI/Exhaust combo do you have?

Its a velocity intake, no cats, no mufflers for those numbers.

those numbers are WAY high for you mods. . . . . . . something aint right

ive spoken to sumone one this site that put down almost the same numbers as that, I have more done then him... .. ... .. .. .. .. . :confused:

ive spoken to sumone one this site that put down almost the same numbers as that, I have more done then him... .. ... .. .. .. .. . :confused:

my truck with my mods in my sig made 281rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno and it runs high 13's. . . . . . . . . .with just CAI, and Flowmasters, aint gonna get you 400+fwhp. . . . . . . . . .sorry

my truck with my mods in my sig made 281rwhp on a dyno dynamics dyno and it runs high 13's. . . . . . . . . .with just CAI, and Flowmasters, aint gonna get you 400+fwhp. . . . . . . . . .sorry

400 hp?? he said that was flywheel. 284.3 fwhp was what he claimed and that sounds about right to me.... :cheers:

WHAT? so is it 400fwhp or 284.3fwhp? im lost. . . . . . . . . . .

READ THE DYNO SHEET? says 284 hp. I guess i don't understand what your so worked up about? 400+hp is estimated OF THE FLYWHEEL.

I have more done then a cai and flowmasters :rolleyes:

yeah I ment 364(gm spec). actual liter conversion is 366. u say tomoto, i say tomato :jester:

Edited by D.J (see edit history)

READ THE DYNO SHEET? says 284 hp. I guess i don't understand what your so worked up about? 400+hp is estimated OF THE FLYWHEEL.

I have more done then a cai and flowmasters :rolleyes:

yeah I ment 364(gm spec). actual liter conversion is 366. u say tomoto, i say tomato :jester:

that question was not toward you it was toward 1BAD2K but even then you trying to say that with your mods, which BTW the only ones that make power is the inatke, exhaust, tune, you gained 83 FWHP. . .yeah i dont think so but like i said it dont add up to me . . . . . . . .what do you mean actual liter conversion? 4.00"x4.00"x3.620"x.07854x8=363.92 CI

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)