Who Is Selling This

palletyard

If its the one I think it is then its probably for sale b/c its completely undrivable. The first bagged AWD I saw was that same color so I'm assuming thats it... the stress on the front half of that drivetrain being driven at various heights would be absolute murder on the angles.

Anyone familiar with air ride systems will tell you that a couple degree change in ambient temps can effect what PSI would level it off, thus causing variations of a couple inches depending on the time of day, of course in a bagged ride its damn near impossible to ever get it EXACTLY level so I can imagine the awd system in that has either given up the ghost or will any time you try to take it for a long drive.

This is very true that ambient temperature can change the height due to the air contracting and expanding in the system. I would have to disagree that it is impossible to get level. I used to keep my truck pretty close to level without gauges. This time around I'm adding gauges though to make it easier on me.

you know im a huge fan of lowered trucks like this and used to have one myself but why in the hell would you do it to an SSS!!? trucks lowered like this arent made to go fast when trucks like our SSS's are made to go fast not be just a show truck!! :confused:

Umm there are plenty of trucks out there that are bagged that will kill an SSS. And who says a bagged truck has to be a show truck?

I would have to disagree that it is impossible to get level. I used to keep my truck pretty close to level without gauges. This time around I'm adding gauges though to make it easier on me.

Close to level isn't gonna cut it if the trucks gonna see any kind of regular driving. Also consider we're not talking visually level... I mean level so that the angles on the front part of the drivetrain are not stressed out. Without getting out of the truck, getting underneath and doing a visual inspection, and verifying its not at too harsh of an angle theres no way to really accomplish that... then consider the ambient temp thing again... if you did get the angles right at start up... components heat up from expansion and contraction of going down the road... causing the bags/air inside to heat, causing the PSI to change, thus changing the angles.

Close to level isn't gonna cut it if the trucks gonna see any kind of regular driving. Also consider we're not talking visually level... I mean level so that the angles on the front part of the drivetrain are not stressed out. Without getting out of the truck, getting underneath and doing a visual inspection, and verifying its not at too harsh of an angle theres no way to really accomplish that... then consider the ambient temp thing again... if you did get the angles right at start up... components heat up from expansion and contraction of going down the road... causing the bags/air inside to heat, causing the PSI to change, thus changing the angles.

Apparently you have never owned or driven a bagged vehicle. :rolleyes: It is easy as cake to get at the right ride height. Now if you are still talking about an awd sss, you just never drive it really low due to the front shafts binding. Also you get a front end alignment at a safe ride height where your front shaft joints don't bind. In the case of a 2wd vehicle you can ride as low as you want to. The only problem with that is you are going to wear the inner part of the tires due to the natural negative camber that forms. It is easy to get to the right determined ride height with air gauges inside the cab. Also ambient temperature does affect the pressure, but it is not very noticeable and you can always adust for it at the flick of a switch. Also there are automatic air systems out there that level your vehicle for you and adjust the pressures for you if the pressures do change.

Also I would never go with a FB setup. I always suggest to stay with a FBSS setup so you can adust at all four corners.

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

Apparently you have never owned or driven a bagged vehicle. :rolleyes: It is easy as cake to get at the right ride height. Now if you are still talking about an awd sss, you just never drive it really low due to the front shafts binding. Also you get a front end alignment at a safe ride height where your front shaft joints don't bind. In the case of a 2wd vehicle you can ride as low as you want to. The only problem with that is you are going to wear the inner part of the tires due to the natural negative camber that forms. It is easy to get to the right determined ride height with air gauges inside the cab. Also ambient temperature does affect the pressure, but it is not very noticeable and you can always adust for it at the flick of a switch. Also there are automatic air systems out there that level your vehicle for you and adjust the pressures for you if the pressures do change.

Also I would never go with a FB setup. I always suggest to stay with a FBSS setup so you can adust at all four corners.

I'm going to choose to take that rolleyes smilie as something other than a callout or insult, even though it seems like it is. Sorry if this in long, but it seems I need to qualify my understanding of how a bag system works to you for some reason.

Have I owned a bagged ride? No... can't say that I have. Have I driven them, dozens actually and add to that the EXTENSIVE research I did on this subject with my SSS (AWD) in attempt to bag it in a way that would maintain drive-ability. Not to mention I'm a mod, founding member, and contributing photographer/writer/blogger to ShowTruckScene.com which is populated by 99% bagged vehicles.

You mentioned 2wd... which to be honest is completely irrelevant b/c there is no issues to be seen bagging a 2wd other than uneven tire wear and alignment... the front doesn't have to contend with any angles or neg camber problems associated with the setup and the subsequent strain on a front drive train. Why you even bother to mention that in a discussion about bagged AWD vehicles is strange.

As for ambient temps not having a large impact I beg to differ. On fullsize trucks I've seen a variance as much as 1.5" from morning to afternoon temps... Cali will see temps at 65* in the AM along the coast and temps in the mid to high 80's that same day in the afternoon in the same area. The PSI which would be safe to drive at at 6am wouldn't be the same PSI at noon on that day... so unless you have a memorized index as to what PSI corresponds with with what temp you're not gonna get a consistent height. Add to that the heat generated by the expansion and contraction of parts during driving, the heat of the asphault, and surrounding vehicles and you have a drastic temp variance.

Now this becomes an issue as we know w/ AWD b/c there is very little room for changing the suspension height while driving to not encounter binding. Going much below the 2" range on the front (w/ something like the mcgaughy's kit) is right around the safe level... much farther than that and you run the potential risk of binding (IMO) now if you have a PSI temp variance of 1" arguably this could put you in the range of binding issues. Short term you'd be fine, but for a vehicle that sees daily driver mileage IMO you wouldn't be OK. I don't dispute you could bag an SSS thats only for show and doesn't see regular use (this one probably is) but for regular use or DD activities its just not reliable. This is the same issue that has been discussed when the subject of lifting an SSS is brought up... the AWD system can't be taken too far in either direction, up or down, without putting excessive stress on the AWD.

As for the auto ride systems they are automatic to a PSI not to a ride height. The digital systems put out by companies like ART have no bearing on actual ride height, just a set PSI level. Before buying the TBSS I was about a heartbeat away from buying a 2005 2500HD Duramax CC that was laying frame... professionally built for Tony Pendragon... it had a complete ART digital control system... it was no more accurate than any of the standard gauges I've seen. At what was supposedly a level ride height by the systems indication had a variance of approx 1" from left to right, and about approx 3/4" front to back... so just b/c it has a digital display doesn't make it more accurate.

IMO the only way to acheive ACTUAL true ride height perfection would involve using the optical system on this truck: http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic...;topic_id=98912

which to be honest is the first one I've ever seen implement it. It relies on frame location in relation to the ground/suspension parts than it does a PSI with no true bearing on either.

Now in all reality, researching my SSS bag desire was an eye opener... in theory yes, you could bag an AWD SSS and drive it... my point is simply for any excessive use theres just not any long term durability. My point is not whether or not you CAN bag and AWD SS... my point is simply that its not feasible to do so and maintain driveability/durability. This is gonna be pretty widely accepted from anyone whos bagged any of the AWD GM vehicles like the SSS, Denali, or Escalade.

BTW: I checked out the S10 linked in your sig... nice little truck... any pics of it with the wheels on fully put together?? Pentia's are by far my favorite intro rim.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

I'm going to choose to take that rolleyes smilie as something other than a callout or insult, even though it seems like it is. Sorry if this in long, but it seems I need to qualify my understanding of how a bag system works to you for some reason.

Have I owned a bagged ride? No... can't say that I have. Have I driven them, dozens actually and add to that the EXTENSIVE research I did on this subject with my SSS (AWD) in attempt to bag it in a way that would maintain drive-ability. Not to mention I'm a mod, founding member, and contributing photographer/writer/blogger to ShowTruckScene.com which is populated by 99% bagged vehicles.

You mentioned 2wd... which to be honest is completely irrelevant b/c there is no issues to be seen bagging a 2wd other than uneven tire wear and alignment... the front doesn't have to contend with any angles or neg camber problems associated with the setup and the subsequent strain on a front drive train. Why you even bother to mention that in a discussion about bagged AWD vehicles is strange.

As for ambient temps not having a large impact I beg to differ. On fullsize trucks I've seen a variance as much as 1.5" from morning to afternoon temps... Cali will see temps at 65* in the AM along the coast and temps in the mid to high 80's that same day in the afternoon in the same area. The PSI which would be safe to drive at at 6am wouldn't be the same PSI at noon on that day... so unless you have a memorized index as to what PSI corresponds with with what temp you're not gonna get a consistent height. Add to that the heat generated by the expansion and contraction of parts during driving, the heat of the asphault, and surrounding vehicles and you have a drastic temp variance.

Now this becomes an issue as we know w/ AWD b/c there is very little room for changing the suspension height while driving to not encounter binding. Going much below the 2" range on the front (w/ something like the mcgaughy's kit) is right around the safe level... much farther than that and you run the potential risk of binding (IMO) now if you have a PSI temp variance of 1" arguably this could put you in the range of binding issues. Short term you'd be fine, but for a vehicle that sees daily driver mileage IMO you wouldn't be OK. I don't dispute you could bag an SSS thats only for show and doesn't see regular use (this one probably is) but for regular use or DD activities its just not reliable. This is the same issue that has been discussed when the subject of lifting an SSS is brought up... the AWD system can't be taken too far in either direction, up or down, without putting excessive stress on the AWD.

As for the auto ride systems they are automatic to a PSI not to a ride height. The digital systems put out by companies like ART have no bearing on actual ride height, just a set PSI level. Before buying the TBSS I was about a heartbeat away from buying a 2005 2500HD Duramax CC that was laying frame... professionally built for Tony Pendragon... it had a complete ART digital control system... it was no more accurate than any of the standard gauges I've seen. At what was supposedly a level ride height by the systems indication had a variance of approx 1" from left to right, and about approx 3/4" front to back... so just b/c it has a digital display doesn't make it more accurate.

IMO the only way to acheive ACTUAL true ride height perfection would involve using the optical system on this truck: http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic...;topic_id=98912

which to be honest is the first one I've ever seen implement it. It relies on frame location in relation to the ground/suspension parts than it does a PSI with no true bearing on either.

Now in all reality, researching my SSS bag desire was an eye opener... in theory yes, you could bag an AWD SSS and drive it... my point is simply for any excessive use theres just not any long term durability. My point is not whether or not you CAN bag and AWD SS... my point is simply that its not feasible to do so and maintain driveability/durability. This is gonna be pretty widely accepted from anyone whos bagged any of the AWD GM vehicles like the SSS, Denali, or Escalade.

BTW: I checked out the S10 linked in your sig... nice little truck... any pics of it with the wheels on fully put together?? Pentia's are by far my favorite intro rim.

I'm understanding what you are saying now about the pressures with temperature on how air can expand and contract and still be the same amount of air but a higher or lower pressure. The only thing I can throw on the table is nitrogen. If you run dry nitrogen this should not happen.

Oh and here some pics of my truck with the wheels on in the front. I have my truck in my garage now and have the motor in and I'm piecing it back together.

These are firestone 2600s

n551280402_1744075_3525.jpg

These are modified Suicidedoors shock relocators. The wheel or tire does not come in contact with the shock at all.

n551280402_1744076_3839.jpg

This one shows my firewall clearance after tubbing.

n551280402_1744080_5044.jpg

Here it is laying out in the front only. The frame is just sitting on the rearend. This is not the same frame the truck came with if you are wondering.n551280402_1744120_1874.jpg

n551280402_1744122_2443.jpg

I'm sorry if you took the smiley as an issult.