Eclipse Hu+ Subs?

ccc_23

Hey guys I have an Eclipse HU (Think its AVN 2454 or soemthing like that) and I ran a sub and amp with it. And very little base comes out. I checked all the wiring and everything seems fine. Is there any chance that the Eclpise HU just has crappy subwoofer output?

Hey guys I have an Eclipse HU (Think its AVN 2454 or soemthing like that) and I ran a sub and amp with it. And very little base comes out. I checked all the wiring and everything seems fine. Is there any chance that the Eclpise HU just has crappy subwoofer output?

not that im in love with Eclipse stuff... but most of there decks have pretty high pre outs(which dosent really matter thats what gain is all about but thats another topic) If you have more then 1 sub just check to make sure they are in phase..... simple and stupid yes, but also very common

you might crack the amp open and look for a blown cap, had that happen on a system before, the amp powered up but no sound.. opened it up and a cap had puked all over.. soldered a new one in, worked perfect

If you have the resources ... I would get one of your buddies systems .... run a set of RCA cables from their system into your amp. If everything works fine, then you can start working back from there ( new RCA's from HU to amp, and if that still doesn't work, something with head unit ).

If your buddies system doesn' t fix the problem, then run your speaker wire from their amp and see if that fixes it. If so it might be your amp ... I'm sure you catch the drift.

you might have got the AUX rca's ( instead of the sub output ) out of the head unit as well .... just something else to check

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

I pulled my Eclipse HU apart a couple nights ago to see if I could find anything to help you out. Mine has 3 sets of RCA's for output. A front fader, a rear fader, and a non fade set. You will want to connect to the non fade rca's. I tried putting the output in the other rcas jacks and the bass was virtually non existent. So maybe that is your problem?