Tranny May Be Gone Again

Well it looks like my tranny may be gone again...after racing on Saturday night it started to shift really strange. While I was at the track it was shifting good...as you can tell by my times, but on the drive home when it would down shift it would kinda hesitate before downshifting (rpm up then down then back up again) and then today was the first day I drove it since I came back from the track and I now have no 2nd gear and OD acts wierd. I still have all other gears but 2nd which I thought if something drops out or goes bad you would at least loose 2 gears not just 1. I checked the DTC's with HPT and I only have some HVAC and convenience codes. I now have the battery unhooked to see if it's a PCM glitch. I'll be finding out here in a bit. Well, if it is my tranny, what would be the best tranny company for the price to go through for a new tranny??? FLP, TCI, ???...Oh..and the tranny fluid smells burnt.

Well, after trying to clear the DTC's and unhooking the battery for about 20 minutes...I am now possitive that I no longer have 2nd gear...at all...I can put it into 2nd and it'll wrap up to about 4k rpm's and when I let off the engine spools all the way down to idle...no drag on the engine what so ever...the truck just coasts...This really p!sses me off for the simple fact that I just had this replaced last year just before I threw the SC on and now I'm already having to replace the tranny again. I'm so tempted to pull the SC just so I can have the tranny replaced under warranty but I just don't want to have to do all that work twice...(pull it off to get the tranny then just to have to re-install it and hope that the tranny holds up again...kinda the reason that I think I may just go ahead and get a built tranny...

Has anybody ever heard of Xtreme Transmissions? http://www.xtremetransmissions.com/page5.php

Well, after trying to clear the DTC's and unhooking the battery for about 20 minutes...I am now possitive that I no longer have 2nd gear...at all...I can put it into 2nd and it'll wrap up to about 4k rpm's and when I let off the engine spools all the way down to idle...no drag on the engine what so ever...the truck just coasts...This really p!sses me off for the simple fact that I just had this replaced last year just before I threw the SC on and now I'm already having to replace the tranny again. I'm so tempted to pull the SC just so I can have the tranny replaced under warranty but I just don't want to have to do all that work twice...(pull it off to get the tranny then just to have to re-install it and hope that the tranny holds up again...kinda the reason that I think I may just go ahead and get a built tranny...

Has anybody ever heard of Xtreme Transmissions? http://www.xtremetransmissions.com/page5.php

your warranty wont hold up anyway that would be delaying another transmission issue

i have one of Danny's (Sprayed99) transmissions in my truck and it has been great to me....ever see an AWD truck get sideways when it hit 2nd gear :D then driving around the shifts are firm but not that hard which is great...good price also...might see what he can do for you

Second gear band is trashed. Now the more you drive it the more it will fry the 3/4 clutches.

:withstupid:

I was going to offer that maybe your transmission had a failure with the servos, but as you say the ATF is burnt then either way the damage is the same, total rebuild time. :shakehead:

Mr. P.

My neighbor owns a tranny shop in Phoenix. He does great work. He is into building race cars so he know shis stuff. I won't be able to get his shop name and number until tomorrow. As soon as I do I will let you know.

He may own a shop and build good race units, but does he specialize in the 4L60E? The only reason I ask is because if he only builds one or two a month than he may not be your guy you want building your unit. I'm sure hes good work, but I would only recommend people that I have seen a track record from. I do recommend FLT,RPM, and a few others because of their track record, but I dont believe you should have to spend 3-4k for a well built 4L60E. We dont charge anywhere near 3K for the ours.

He may own a shop and build good race units, but does he specialize in the 4L60E? The only reason I ask is because if he only builds one or two a month than he may not be your guy you want building your unit. I'm sure hes good work, but I would only recommend people that I have seen a track record from. I do recommend FLT,RPM, and a few others because of their track record, but I dont believe you should have to spend 3-4k for a well built 4L60E. We dont charge anywhere near 3K for the ours.

He works mainly on Chevys that is why I suggested him. He has done work on my past Silverado's and did great work. He is a hard guy to reach and I have not gotten a hold of him yet. All I can do is ask about the specific tranny that we have.