Tranny Not Shifting Properly!

Recently while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear my truck has been reving high before shifting. Im not to mechanical and if anyone could give me some advice or ideas what the problem might be I would be most greatful. Also if my tranny is going does anyone have any recommendations for getting an upgraded transmission and estimated cost.

Thanks

Doug

My truck does the same thing on occasion seems like it feels like it revs a couple hundy rpm higher before it engages a gear. I also had it hold first gear a long time til I let off..........and second gear double bumps are and 3rd gear slips when I m hard on it. Dealer refuses to fix. They say nothing is wrong!! "Could not duplicate problem" Got to love the Stealership. I would recommend taking it to the dealer and have them look at it. That way you will have the documentation for the future when something does go wrong.

this happens to almost everyone on the site, its a common thing. it happens to me once or twice a month since i bought the truck 2 yrs ago, and my tranny is fine. (knock on wood) but some say it is a solenoid going bad. here is a post i made about it in the past. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...;hl=over-reving

One question I have is this something that happens all the time or is it only once in a while, and when it finally does shift does it shift hard or does it just ease into second. I think one possibilty is that it could be the cheap plastic 2nd acccumulator piston cracked, which really isn't to bad to fix as long as you catch it before you burn up the band, and destroy the drum like mine did :( then it gets expensive. Well either way good luck with it :cheers: , tranny problems suk.