Nos

Hello all. Thinking of putting the bottle on my 03 & I am looking for any opinions on the kits that are out there today. Which are good & which are not. My 03 is stock right now other then a cold air intake with ram air hood. I am planning on doing headers & exhaust with a program in the sping. I would like to run 150-200 shot. Any suggestions would be great. Thx

nice name...welcome to the site

As for a "program" you'll need to go with a custom PCM tune. PM Zippy or Wheatley (screennames on this forum).They can hook you up. As for nitrous, NX and NOS seem to be the kits i hear about alot. I would stay away from the zex kit. Ive not heard good things about those kits.

As for kits, I think the NX is one of the best out there. As for the amount of nitrous you want to use, stick to a 150 shot max at less you use a progressive nitrous controller then i would say you could run a 200 shot but thats still pushing it on a stock bottom end. Be sure to get a custom tune or timing retard box to back the timing down also. And talk to zippy for trans mods.

I would not spray over 150 shot on a stock motor. IMO

Puss why not....i hit a 250 shot on over 30+ bottles on my bone stock motor

Okay i love nitrous and used properly it can be greta and fun, but if you are a first time user don't go over a 150 shot, even with AWD a 200 was to much of a hit at one time my 250 shot is on 2 stages and i have a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous also....another reason why i can hit the big shot.....as for kits the best one i have found and i absolutely love is nitrous outlet they are based in Waco Texas and sell a beautiful plate kit which is the way i would advise going....also invest in a bottle heater....and a pressure gauge.....tell the tuner whoever it may be that you want to run about 20° of timing for the shot....yes it's a lil more then needed removed but better safe

Okay i love nitrous and used properly it can be greta and fun, but if you are a first time user don't go over a 150 shot, even with AWD a 200 was to much of a hit at one time my 250 shot is on 2 stages and i have a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous also....another reason why i can hit the big shot.....as for kits the best one i have found and i absolutely love is nitrous outlet they are based in Waco Texas and sell a beautiful plate kit which is the way i would advise going....also invest in a bottle heater....and a pressure gauge.....tell the tuner whoever it may be that you want to run about 20° of timing for the shot....yes it's a lil more then needed removed but better safe

LOl oh Virgil when i typed my respoonse i was thinking about you reading it..lol I know you have sprayed alot more and your truck is a beast but what all have you broke on the truck as a result? 150 shot from what I have seen seems to be the most yu want to spray and keep some dependability at the track.

LOl oh Virgil when i typed my respoonse i was thinking about you reading it..lol I know you have sprayed alot more and your truck is a beast but what all have you broke on the truck as a result? 150 shot from what I have seen seems to be the most yu want to spray and keep some dependability at the track.

i have broke the trans and rear end...but those were destin to happen...trans will only hold so much power and the rear end blew cause i leave on the 150 shot.....truck was consitant...went 7.75 5 times in a row at 3 different track over 2 months cutting a 1.67-1.72 60 and hitting 86mph each time and each of those times i pulled a trailer to the track.....

But i agree without a lot of knowledge on knowing how to use nitrous and having someone else tune for the nitrous i would keep it at a 150 shot....i just have a lot of balls and no fear of blowing the motor cause i will just a better one for it

for a reference though when the truck had a cold air intake a nitrous tune and a 150 shot off the fuel rail with Nitrous Daves kit i went 12.80 with a 1.77 60'

i have broke the trans and rear end...but those were destin to happen...trans will only hold so much power and the rear end blew cause i leave on the 150 shot.....truck was consitant...went 7.75 5 times in a row at 3 different track over 2 months cutting a 1.67-1.72 60 and hitting 86mph each time and each of those times i pulled a trailer to the track.....

But i agree without a lot of knowledge on knowing how to use nitrous and having someone else tune for the nitrous i would keep it at a 150 shot....i just have a lot of balls and no fear of blowing the motor cause i will just a better one for it

for a reference though when the truck had a cold air intake a nitrous tune and a 150 shot off the fuel rail with Nitrous Daves kit i went 12.80 with a 1.77 60'

would you happen to have any videos of your truck?

sorry fo the hijack question.....I'll make it short

if a guy runs 10.8-11.0:1 NA and then wants to run a 150-200 shot should he think about O-ringing the heads?

Thanks!

Brad

sorry fo the hijack question.....I'll make it short

if a guy runs 10.8-11.0:1 NA and then wants to run a 150-200 shot should he think about O-ringing the heads?

Thanks!

Brad

need to know way more engine specs than that but he should be fine