Transfercase Adaptor Removal

Can someone tell me if the transfercase will pull out with the t-case adaptor/mount still attached to the t-case or will I have to unbolt the t-case first and then unbolt the t-case adaptor from the transmission. Thanks in advance.

I drop my drive shafts (2), unbolt the t-case from the tranny and am able to walk it off the output shaft of the tranny by carefully tilting the tailshaft of the t-case up and to the drivers side. So no, you don't need to mess with the extra "spacer" however it is a tight fit and you need to manuver the t-case a bit. Be careful not to gall the output shaft :cheers:

I drop my drive shafts (2), unbolt the t-case from the tranny and am able to walk it off the output shaft of the tranny by carefully tilting the tailshaft of the t-case up and to the drivers side. So no, you don't need to mess with the extra "spacer" however it is a tight fit and you need to manuver the t-case a bit. Be careful not to gall the output shaft :cheers:

Krambo, thanks for your insight man...

I'm trying to get get my tranny out (Dead/Blown Tranny) so I can send my P. I. 10.5" converter back to get cut and cleaned/checked for damage, at the advice from Chuck at FLT. I believed he mentioned you in the conversation we had over the phone and the recent tranny they built for you. How are you liking it? I'm sure you're enjoying the hell out of it, I can't wait until mine is installed. Hey man, thanks again for your help. :thumbs::cheers:

After removing my trans 3-times I've found it easiest to undo the "front" bolts, the six holding the adapter to the transmission case; leave the adapter bolted to the t-case, except for the two bolts you have to undo to get the fuel line bracket off.

Mr. P.