Another Nitrous Thread...

Ive found Nitrous Express kit that I want. It only comes with a 5lb bottle but that can be upgraded later on. I know I also have to buy gages and a bottle heater but what else will i need to make this kit safe? I dont like the idea of a full throttle switch so it will either be the pushbutton or the window switch. I need input before I buy. PLEASE let me know what you guys think. As far as my tranny, Its gettin A transgo shift kit vette servo and aluminum accumulator pistons put in monday.

NX Kit

EDIT: sorry...im wanting to know if you guys think i should go N2O or not?

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

Ever look into the nitrogen assist systems instead of a bottle heater? They will enable you to have a constant 1000psi at all times no matter what the temperature. If you plan on using N2O on the street, this set-up is ideal, you will not have to wait till the bottle is warm to show someone up at the stoplight. The "Nano" technology will also let you use ALL the n2o in your bottle whereas a traditional heater will leave a pound or two. Just throwing it out there. Do your research first because you will need to fill the nitrogen and the nitrous bottle everytime you need to fill. Alot of n2o fill stations are starting to have the high pressure nitrogen fill up capability as well however it is still "new" technology.

I would monitor fuel pressure and get one of these trick gauges for monitoring your nitrous:

Trick Performance Volume Gauge

Or if you are looking for progressive controlling and window switches, a gauge that pretty much does everything but wipe your ass, get the next gauge down in the link above.

A wideband will also be a good idea.

I personally will be using a progressive nitrous controller with a window switch (for the shifts) on a direct port system. A dedicated fuel system with race gas will keep it a "little" safer as well. :driving:

Damn those are some awesome guages.

I personally will be using a progressive nitrous controller with a window switch (for the shifts) on a direct port system. A dedicated fuel system with race gas will keep it a "little" safer as well. :driving:

Alittle insite of your plans Kevin?