Just Got Pulled Over!

NTMD8R_SS

Well i was coming down the higway not a car in sight so i was f**k it i was bearly flooring it and shit the lights in the rear view mirror (note to self: pick up a radar)i was clocked at 83mph on a 60 mph highway. Well the officer gave me a ticket and im kinda scared cus its 23 mph diffrence. This is my first time being pulled over for anything (im 19). So does anyone know how much the citation will be? My inspection sticker is due march and i need to service the truck and now this (i feel so stupid, bad little speed demon in me). Well ima end my rant may not be a big deal to some of you but i just got my cheery popped :confused: .

usually if it's your first driving offense and you go to court, they'll either lower the number of points on your record and/or lower the cost of the ticket.

that is what i did for my first offense...they gave me another citation resulting in increasing the amount of the fine, but the points were removed....go to court take ur chances....

On first offense got to court, date is assigned on your ticket, ask for a defered sentence. Which means you will have 3-6 month good behavior. This means you cant fart without permission. :fart: You pay the fine on the court date and after you complete the 6months probation, without tickets, they will throw it out. no points no insurance notifications. im on probation right now for 46 in a 25 good luck

Radar detectors work i had mine on mute when i got pulled over :dupe:

On first offense got to court, date is assigned on your ticket, ask for a defered sentence. Which means you will have 3-6 month good behavior. This means you cant fart without permission. :fart: You pay the fine on the court date and after you complete the 6months probation, without tickets, they will throw it out. no points no insurance notifications. im on probation right now for 46 in a 25 good luck

Radar detectors work i had mine on mute when i got pulled over :dupe:

this is called deferred adjudication..

a deferred adjudication probation is a type of court ordered community supervision that results in dismissal of the case upon successful completion of the terms and conditions of the probation. it differs from a regular probation in that there is no finding of guilt because after hearing the plea the court defers a finding of guilt pending good behavior while on probation.

there is a catch though.. a deferred adjudication will appear on a criminal background check, which often has the same practical impact as a conviction to potential employers, government agencies etc. however, after successful completion of all terms and conditions of a deferred adjudication probation, you can apply to have the records "sealed" from public inspection by filing a petition for non-disclosure. again, this has its limitations as government agencies will still have the ability to pull up the records.

Well the officer just told me to call the court like in 5-6 days and i guess they will tell me what to do. To be honest i just want to get it over whit since i don''t want the parents to find out. So whats the damage gonna be to my record if i just pay the ticket? or should i got to court and say i want a difered sentence ( whitch by the way please tell me what to say cus im clueless on these kinds of things.) Well $250 is gonna delay my drop :confused: But i learned my lesson and I just want this behind me. Thanks for the helpfull comments :cheers:

Write a letter to your D.A. (District Attorney) explaining you can't afford such a high ticket and it was a mistake and you really wish they could drop the MPH for you because blah blah blah. Works. Buddy got clocked 86 in 65, DA dropped it to 74 in a 65.. was like a 150 dollar fine including court fees.

Write a letter to your D.A. (District Attorney) explaining you can't afford such a high ticket and it was a mistake and you really wish they could drop the MPH for you because blah blah blah. Works. Buddy got clocked 86 in 65, DA dropped it to 74 in a 65.. was like a 150 dollar fine including court fees.

i wouldn't actually tell them "blah, blah, blah." lol

but tell them you have learned your lesson and it was a mistake on your part but it will never happen again.. if you go that route.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

Ima do that hope it works :cheers: .

usually if it's your first driving offense and you go to court, they'll either lower the number of points on your record and/or lower the cost of the ticket.

True, When I got my first speeding ticket I was doing 68 in a 45 a 23 difference and when I went to court the city attorney came up and talked to me and lowered it to a 55 in a 45 so it was only 10 over. You should go to court and you'll plead guilty or not guilty and they should give you a number of the city prosecutor to call if you desire. My dad got a ticket and he just called the city attorney and figured it all out. Mine was almost exactly like your story I was leaving a friends house no one in sight so i went for it and sure enough here came the blue and reds behind me and it was my first speeding ticket as well. Dont worry you'll be fine