Just Got Pulled Over!

NTMD8R_SS

dude i totally got one today too... i was going north on 35 right over lake lewisville and i switched lanes to get off at my exit, and i see a denton county sheriff f150 dodging traffic to get to me...I swear if he's more dangerous trying to pull me over than i am speeding the ticket should be dismissed... but i was caught doing 81 in a 60...I told the cop he was lucky my exit was so close, cuz he would have never got me in that turd

If I was you, I would get a lawyer and see what he/she can do for you. I doubt it will be thrown out, but maybe the lawyer has a good relationship with the police/D.A./Judge and can get it reduced for you. Every time I have gotten a ticket (in NY) that is what I did. I usually got the points thrown out, but paid a little more for the ticket which is better in my opinion. Good luck.

thanks for all your help guys. Well ima call the court and i guess get an a date to appear because the cop just told me to call like in 5-6 days so he can have time to turn it in. I will got to court and see what happends.

ssman: I was near Angleton on highway 288

Kissmysilvss: I just talked to my dad about the lawyer idea. Well he said he paid the lawyer double of what the ticket actually was and 2 years later a warrent for his arrest came in the mail, so he had to paid the ticket again and court fees.

DrewBlue: Dude that sucks. I was driving by alvin today and the popo's pulled some guy like 2 cars in front of me over. I guess they have to meet their quota for the month early or something.

Well Im really not worried anymore. Ok. one last question the citation says to appear to court on or before 3-6 so does this mean i can just show up between now and then or do i have to call and they will tell me when to go? Thanks guys, :cheers:

Fight the power! Don't ever "just pay the ticket." First offense, your insurance, tags, inspection are all up to date, you were polite and courteous to the arresting officer, you'll wear a coat and tie to court and shave before you get there...you'll be fine.

You have to contact the court to let them know what you want to do on or before 3/6 or they will issue a bench warrant (some places it's called an attachment) for you. Typically, not always, but typically traffic courts have times in the morning when you can go in and talk to the city attorney before your court date to take care of the ticket. Other times, if you want to fight the ticket (and we all know you do) you show up before the time, but on the date written on your ticket. It's a cattle call court date which means there will be a ton of other people there in the exact same position as you. Go in the back before the judge takes the bench and talk to the city attorney or prosecutor and see what you can work out.

Also, do a little research. Go to the libraray and look up the regulation that the cop cited you for. Go to the court's website and see what's available for speeding tickets like yours.

You always have to wait a few days for your ticket to filter through their computer system before you can do anything though.

Over here in Hale county its about $250(I think up to 15 miles over) if you pay the fine, plus it shows up on your record, which means your insurance rate will go up. If your parents deal your with insurance they will most likely find out if you go this route. Since it is your first offense, IMO do traffic school-it will be about $100-150 bucks for court fines(I think) and about $30(online defensive driving) for the class. This is probably the cheapest route. Deffered will cost a little more and bc of your age, you will still have to take traffic school. Either one of these last two will keep your folks from finding out. Good luck! Also, anytime I have gotten a ticket, I have just shown up, no call or anything, and things go fine. Our courthouse is fairly small though so I don't know how it would be in Houston.

Has ur speedometer been recalibrated for those 24's? Maybe u could take some pictures of them and take that to court or to the DA and tell them u didn't know ur speedometer was THAT FAR OFF? And u plan on fixing it ASAP of course...

true, but that could work against in saying he should of had it recalibrated before hand so it is all his fault and pay the ticket anyway