Cleaning A Volant Air Filter

brobradh77

maybe a dumb question but i want to clean my air filter so i bought a cleaning kit for the volant filters. My question is all the instructions say is clean with this fluid stuf the spray the oil on it and your done. Doesnt the filter need to air dry before you oil it?

Thanks

maybe a dumb question but i want to clean my air filter so i bought a cleaning kit for the volant filters. My question is all the instructions say is clean with this fluid stuf the spray the oil on it and your done. Doesnt the filter need to air dry before you oil it?

Thanks

the way i do mine, is spray the cleaner on and let sit for a couple of min, and run water over, and inside of it, until clean. you DO NOT have to spray water on it, just open the tap about half way or less. shake the water out and let air dry. spray a lite coat of oil from the kit on it, and reinstall.. :thumbs:

what i do, is take the truck for a run down the road for about 10 min, and when i get back, i;ll clean the MAF. for any oil that got on it..

hope this helps,

:seeya:

the way i do mine, is spray the cleaner on and let sit for a couple of min, and run water over, and inside of it, until clean. you DO NOT have to spray water on it, just open the tap about half way or less. shake the water out and let air dry. spray a lite coat of oil from the kit on it, and reinstall.. :thumbs:

what i do, is take the truck for a run down the road for about 10 min, and when i get back, i;ll clean the MAF. for any oil that got on it..

hope this helps,

:seeya:

:withstupid: I do the same with my K&N :chevy: