Orion Subwoofers

Well my brother gots a pair of 12" orion at his house says there just collecting dust so i might go pick them up.. i belivev he said that there 1000watts each, as of right now i dont know the model but i know he got them about 2 yrs. ago. how good are these woofers i was planning on getting a pair of 12" w6's or w7's depending on what price i could get um for. so can these put out as much as the w6's??

Are the Orion's free? Figure out the model, I was just looking at a set of their new subs and the specs were frankly AMAZING. Reliable and flat curve, it was astounding how effecient that sub was and to say the least I was impressed. I don't know anything about the rest of Orion's lineup :)

All depends on the price; if they're free take-em! :lol: But if you are paying your bro market value for them then I say pass as for that amount of $$$ you can buy a better sub. They're not bad, but not great either and very expensive IMO. Also, the motor structure of those drivers is huge so they're not workable in typical confined area enclosures (under rear seats etc). So it comes down to price and how much box depth you've got to work with...

Mr. P.

Are the Orion's free? Figure out the model, I was just looking at a set of their new subs and the specs were frankly AMAZING. Reliable and flat curve, it was astounding how effecient that sub was and to say the least I was impressed. I don't know anything about the rest of Orion's lineup :)

yup, i will get the model later today :thumbs:

wowzers ... go big or go home ... congrats on the large cahones

:D:D from my point of veiw thats the only way to get serious sounds outta a pick up without removing any seats. maybe some sheet metal but no seats! :devil:

plus my buddy makes some kickass boxes!! heres his website check out his gallery on the bottom left of the page... www.valleycustom.net

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

Looks like some high talent stuff ... I'm sure you will be taken care of after looking at those pictures. Too bad the rear seat doesn't have a 'fold down' section, that is always a good place to put the 'blow through'. Are you gettting 'show' box or just loud?