Opinions On A Pillar Gauge Pods

00silverad0

I'm looking into getting a 2 or maybe 3 gauge A pillar setup. Wondering what I'm looking at for total cost and I'm not 100% sure of which ones I even want yet. I am looking at a tranny temp and oil pressure as of now maybe you guys could suggest a different gauge to get though(might spring for the 3 gauge pod so when the time comes for boost). Just wondering what your opinions are on these setups. I dont want the ricer look obviously so I figured I see what you guys think. Also, for any of you guys who have a setup like this, please post pics and price total for everything. Thanks

P.S. I just found a thread that Holty started after searching. Funny thing is I had to search 3 times using different variations of A pillar, gauge pod and gauges, thats why I couldnt find pics before I posted.

Edited by SSSmoke Eater (see edit history)

I'm a huge fan of my pillar pod... If I had the option again I would have bought the 2 pillar pod, as the 3rd pillar is a little obtrusive into the cab...

I definitely like the gauges on the pillar vs. up by the map lights like some people have done...

I would recommend a 2 gauge pod, 1 Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, and 1 other (such as an AFR gauge).

are the stock oil and tranny gauges not sufficient enough? :confused: You could go with a scan gauge, that would be useful now and if you ever go FI it would be helpful then as well... You could also do a WB AFR which you'll need if you ever go boost as well...

Hazmat, I've heard things about the stock gauges that they are decent but not as accurate. I've seen the digital readout Aeroforce Interceptors etc and my brother has some DEFI gauges in his Supra. Call me old school but I prefer analog display. I am also thinking of the scan gauge.

I've got a 3 gauge pillar pod setup for my SC. The wideband gauges cost the most by far. I got a good deal from Frank when I bought the radix setup. He use to be a dealer on here. Sad thing is that I don't even have the wideband hooked up. Guy who added the bunge to my headers for the WB didn't make the hole big enough and I haven't had time to make it bigger. I would have to agree the 3 gauge pillar pod gets in my way sometimes but I still like it. I just need to finish the install. My pillar pod didn't fit the best for some reason so I need to make a few adjustments when I finally get the WB hokked up.

i would get the dual aeroforce interceptor guages :thumbs:

:withstupid:

I have the dual Interceptor and I absolutely love them! They are far more accurate then a stock gauge. Instead of seeing that the coolant temp is somewhere between 150 and 210, the gauge says it is 195. It's nice.

Also, for me, I did not have a tranny temp gauge until I installed the Interceptors. That is REALLY nice.

You can hook up a wideband to the Interceptors if it has a 0-5V output. If you buy a controller module, it will have a 0-5V output. I beleive there are two analog inputs on each gauge, and you can adjust the parameters for each.

Oh, and the two pod A-pillar from Autometer is the way to go. A third would be too much in my opinion. If you get the Interceptors, two will do everything anyway.

Mike

The aeroforce gauges are expensive but if you think about it you are getting a ton of gauges in one. If you ever upgrade to a S/C you can get an upgrade for the gauge to add a boost reading instead of buying another gauge. My opinion is to go for the aeroforce gauge. I am just order a dual set, can't wait to get them!