What's It Worth? '04 4l65e/awd T-case

handfulz28

'04 with 10k miles. I'd really like to clean this out of my garage. Don't want to just give it away but open to offers. Includes original torque converter also. Located in South Florida, 33073. Paypal accepted, will ship/deliver. I'll say $1,000 so at least I have a price listed.

Email me at handfulz28 at gmail dot com

Thanks,

Michael

post-13720-1203096019_thumb.jpg

post-13720-1203096033_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
'04 with 10k miles. I'd really like to clean this out of my garage. Don't want to just give it away but open to offers. Includes original torque converter also. Located in South Florida, 33073. Paypal accepted, will ship/deliver. I'll say $1,000 so at least I have a price listed.

Email me at handfulz28 at gmail dot com

Thanks,

Michael

Do you still have this and would you sell just the transfer case?

Yes I still have these pieces. I think I've responsed to everyone so far. Of course I'm willing to seperate. Shipping these days is expensive and I've never shipped other than UPS. So feel free to chime in with suggestions on the best way to ship this stuff.

Thanks for looking,

Michael

Michael,

My experiences with shipping heavy auto parts is to use FedEx Freight and bring it to the yard. I have shipped a motor, 3 transmissions, a hood and an empty crate. I will be shipping a complete motor / Radix the same way very soon.

I take a wooden 40x48" pallet from work and lay down a 1/2 inch plywood base on it and secure it with wood screws. I then lay down some PigMat (or other absorbant material) just in case of drips. Now, for a tranny, I strap it down using two 1" ratchet straps from Home Depot. I go around the case behind the bell housing and through the pallet with one and the other one nearest the output shaft (on the case NOT the shaft) The straps are cheap (about $3 a piece) so I call them disposable. I take foam blocks (from a local craft store) and place them through the input shaft and the output shaft of the tranny so the shafts do not get damaged. I then shrink wrap the snot out of it (alternate corners of the pallet as to make a "cocoon") and finally take two cheap but thick 2' rubber bungee cords (the black rubber ones) and run them lengthwise down each side of the tranny, firmly pulling the already tight shrink wrap around the tranny case.

If you can get the pallet for free, I'd say you invest about $40 in shipping materials. You can get shrink wrap at a local UPS Store (or from work if you are in industry).

FedEx freight charges me about $100-$125 (depends on fuel surcharge) to ship the tranny from their yard in Pocono Summit PA to a business address in IL and it gets there in 2 days (faster than USPS Priority Mail!).

I used another freight company (DHL) and they charged me some rediculous fees because the tranny "MAY" drip oil which puts it into another DOT class. They charged me $190 to ship.