Aem Header Install - Passenger Side

misterp

My. gawd. What a F'n ordeal. :uhoh:

Well good news and bad news on the passenger-side AEM Brute-Force header - the good news is that it fits, the bad news is that it is an absolute biatch to install. I'm not going to call it an impossible feat, but I had to resort to undoing the passenger motor mount and jacking up the motor all the way (3-4 inches) and that allowed enough room to pass the header up from the bottom. And after the header is laid in place do not bolt it to the motor, because you have to move the header backwards in order to make enough room to reinstall the motor mount pins; in fact, with this header installed it is impossible to remove these and pull the motor, the header will have to come off first. P.I.T.A. In all fairness there is one other bit of positive news, that there's plenty of clearance for the transmission cooler lines. So I am not going to out-and-out dissuade anyone from buying a pair of AEM Brute Force headers, but I'm gonna warn that this is an advanced install and will take much more time than with other brands.

Mr. P.

OK the truck is running, we're smiling again. Ready for the exhaust shop on Monday. The headers look really good installed, and I will say they have great plug-wire fit, better than Dynatech, Pacesetter, and OBX. Someday when I own a camera again I'll post up some pics.

Mr. P. :)

Wow man that really sucks. I admit I had a little trouble with mine, but that was because I cut the mid-pipe right before the cat. At first I wanted to keep them, but the header was too long, so I came to my senses and cut off the cats. The passenger side header slipped in easily after that, while the driver side took a little more finesse, yet I somehow failed to notice that the driver side was contacting the heat shield. I wonder if the fact that mine is a 5.3 really makes any difference? :dunno: Anyway man, I'm sorry to hear you had so much trouble with the install...hopefully it was all worth it for you. :thumbs:

OK the truck is running, we're smiling again. Ready for the exhaust shop on Monday. The headers look really good installed, and I will say they have great plug-wire fit, better than Dynatech, Pacesetter, and OBX. Someday when I own a camera again I'll post up some pics.

Mr. P. :)

Or I could just take pics for you when I'm out there in March again. :)

Glad you're happy, hunny! :D

My. gawd. What a F'n ordeal. :uhoh:

Well good news and bad news on the passenger-side AEM Brute-Force header - the good news is that it fits, the bad news is that it is an absolute biatch to install. I'm not going to call it an impossible feat, but I had to resort to undoing the passenger motor mount and jacking up the motor all the way (3-4 inches) and that allowed enough room to pass the header up from the bottom. And after the header is laid in place do not bolt it to the motor, because you have to move the header backwards in order to make enough room to reinstall the motor mount pins; in fact, with this header installed it is impossible to remove these and pull the motor, the header will have to come off first. P.I.T.A. In all fairness there is one other bit of positive news, that there's plenty of clearance for the transmission cooler lines. So I am not going to out-and-out dissuade anyone from buying a pair of AEM Brute Force headers, but I'm gonna warn that this is an advanced install and will take much more time than with other brands.

Mr. P.

do you have the part number for that setup? I searched but couldnt find it for the 6.0 liter 03 SS