Got Pulled Over Yesterday...

smoke03

Well I was cruising around the mall parking lot yesterday with a buddy...opening and closing my e cutouts. I go to make a turn and apparently i missed the stop sign. The guy stopped in the intersection was mouthing at me inside the car. Then I look up in my mirror and hes turning around and coming back. So me and my buddy pull into the closest open parkin spaces and I come out of the truck ready to roll. Then the blue lights came on...I never saw the light bar...it was an unmarked car...needless to say I backed back up into the truck. He approached the truck and I asked If I had done something wrong. He told me that I ran the stop sign. I said "Oh.. My bad...I didnt even see it." He took my license and proof of ins. and went back to his car. I was like awww %&$# hes writin me a ticket. About 10 minutes later he came back to my truck and said "Mr. Milam, Running a stop sign in a mall parking lot isnt really a big deal, but weve still had accidents here. I said " Yes sir Ill try and keep my eyes open next time" (trying to get out of a ticket.) He said, "Mr Milam, Im the Cheif of police here in bowling green so call me if ya have any questions." I was like " I just got pulled over by the Cheif of Police...and didnt get a ticket????...SWEET!"

I think one of the police officers can chime in here but if I'm not mistaken a mall parking lot is considered private property and running a stop sign doesn't mean anything. So even if he had written you a ticket you could have fought it. But then again I'm just going off of what people have told me and I could be wrong. :dunno:

I think one of the police officers can chime in here but if I'm not mistaken a mall parking lot is considered private property and running a stop sign doesn't mean anything. So even if he had written you a ticket you could have fought it. But then again I'm just going off of what people have told me and I could be wrong. :dunno:

It's that way in the State of Washington. We can cite for reckless driving, DUI, Neg Driving. So if running the stop sign is more than a simple failure to stop then they can be cited. Also, if he was in fact the Chief of Police then you were probably safe anyways; He probably didn't have, or wouldn't have been able to find his ticket book anyways! :D