Theater Room Pics

ThePDB

Saytagf got me in the mood to dig out some pics so I thought I'd post some pics of my first theater room. I have tons of pics throughout the whole process. Let me know what you think.

May22007009.jpg

May22007003.jpg

May22007001.jpg

May22007004.jpg

I finally finished making and hanging the projector screen. I don't have any pics yet though. Screens are boring to look at anyways unless theres something good on.

The pics are horrible. You can barely see the arches and details. Also, behind the sofa is 2 twin mattresses built in a raised platform.

Edited by ThePDB (see edit history)

CIMG5270.jpg

This is a 106 da lite filmscreen with a 1.2 gain, The pic was taken a few years ago,since then hardwood floors have been added but still need to install final moldings......this project allways seems to take the back seat when i am feeling the need for more hp.

I love it. It looks awesome

I learned something from my theater room that I'll change in the future... Definitely need to go with a dark paint color. The lighter color I have really absorbs the light. I have accent lights over each poster that light up... but theres never been a point in having them on because the room is so bright. The fiance and I are getting ready to start building our house. The new theater room will have darker walls!

I love it. It looks awesome

I learned something from my theater room that I'll change in the future... Definitely need to go with a dark paint color. The lighter color I have really absorbs the light. I have accent lights over each poster that light up... but theres never been a point in having them on because the room is so bright. The fiance and I are getting ready to start building our house. The new theater room will have darker walls!

If planning a new build here is food for thought Have the concrete floor step down creating a stadium type seating with minimal cost without the added cost of raising the cieling.and go deeper not wider,mine has no ambient light and is 16x24.

If planning a new build here is food for thought Have the concrete floor step down creating a stadium type seating with minimal cost without the added cost of raising the cieling.and go deeper not wider,mine has no ambient light and is 16x24.

Yeah, my next room will be bigger. This room was only 13x16. I'll definitely have atleast 2 rows of seating. Another thing that I hate about the room is only having room for 3 recliners. Somebody always gets the shaft.