Millionth Time, What Exhaust?

ive got an 06 imtimidator and its bone stock and i was wanting to put an exhasut on it. im just goign to go with a cat back. no headers or nothing, as i dont realyl want nothing like that, i want to try to keep it somewaht stockish or wahtever, but i do want a little sound. i dont want anything super loud either. no "farmer truck" exhaust where its loud as can be. i just want something with a little rumble that sounds good and not obnoxious loud. i looked around on here for info, but all i realyl see are systems with people that have headers and other stuff, so i dotn really know what direction to go in. Plus alls i have had are 02 SOM Camaro SS and a 01 WS6, so i dotn know as much about exhaust systems and performance for trucks as i do those cars. any help appreciated, dont want anything outlandish expensive but ive got the money to spend. Thanks in advance

my magnaflow isnt loud but it makes everything around it shake because the exhaust note is so deep... aeroturbine makes a good muffler if you're looking for something quiet but grunts, they are a little pricey though.. i'm just not a big fan of flowmaster because everyone down here that doesnt straight pipe uses them

look at their websites, most of them have sound clips so you can hear what they sound like

I had a Corsa Sport on my 5.3 silverado, i loved it. Once i got bored with it I added headers a little while later, but it sounded good, and cruising at highway speed there is little to no sound, which was nice for long trips. I plan on buying corsa again for my denali

The GM Performance Parts Cat-Back is a perfect fit for you. I have the GMPP kit and its tame at idle, loud outside at WOT, and there is very little drone. The kit is 304 mandrel bent stainless manufactured by Borla. There are around 8 tips to chose from, and you can get the entire system with the tip for around $500 from your local Chevy dealer.

:chevy:

Here is a few sound clips outside the rear of my truck........

Cold start.........

WAVE0006.WAV

Warm start.........

WAVE0007.WAV

CORSA ALL THE WAY. I understand being budget-minded, but in this case it's worth every penny because you have no drone/buzzing in the cab, it sounds amazing, is made from great materials, looks fantastic, and works. I've had many automotive friends over the years approach me and ask about the exhaust, when combined with a 2800-3000 converter it sounds great inside and bad-ass outside. The secret formula is to use the factory exhaust manifolds, gut the stock cats, and use a Corsa Touring = perfect! The Sport will be a little more 'nasal' but also a touch louder too (outside the cab). I just added headers this weekend to my truck, and I've lost that 'perfect sound' since the truck is more hollow-sounding and nasal (like it has a Corsa Sport) so somebody pick-up the torch for me LOL.

Mr. P. :)

how much does the corsa run? money isnt really and issue, as long as it isnt outlandish. remember, this is going on a one stock intimidator ss, i see most have headers and waht not. i jsut dont realyl want to get stuck with something that i think is overly loud, i dont want that. Man, gettign an exhaust for one of my cars was easier than this, loud all the way when it came to that. i ran borla on those and loved it and i looked at their site and they had nothing for an 06 6.0. ill check out the gmpp website and check out corda also. thanks for all the help guys, even though your probably tired of answerin the same question over and over

how much does the corsa run? money isnt really and issue, as long as it isnt outlandish. remember, this is going on a one stock intimidator ss, i see most have headers and waht not. i jsut dont realyl want to get stuck with something that i think is overly loud, i dont want that. Man, gettign an exhaust for one of my cars was easier than this, loud all the way when it came to that. i ran borla on those and loved it and i looked at their site and they had nothing for an 06 6.0. ill check out the gmpp website and check out corda also. thanks for all the help guys, even though your probably tired of answerin the same question over and over

corsa sport is around $700-750, depending if you can find a good deal on it. you'll have to fork out a little more coin for the corsa touring though. and borla does have a catback for the sss, but it's over-priced beyond belief. here's a link to borla's catback : http://msperformanceonline.com/140141.html