Electric Cut Out

brobradh77

Here is the dilema.I have a b-day coming up real soon and am looking for b-day ideas for the wife. I have a manual cut out now and decided its a big PITA to crawl under my truck..I like the doug's only problem is they come in piars and i need a single and I did find a site that sold them as singles but they were $500...DHM is another choice and the QTP's is the final..anyone have any suggestions? I know doug's is the best but like i said $500 for 1..kinda pricey.

Any places to geet them cheaper???

Thanks

check out noweeds.net.. they make another guillotine style cutout similar to the doug's headers e-cutouts. they are a little cheaper, but not by much.. i've dealt with both doug's and noweeds and they're both top notch products.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

:withstupid: im looking for some, but i need two.... so if you find three we can make a deal lol :D

LOL..I'll split a pair with ya :) Thanks brad i'll check that site out..I can buy 2 doug's for 586 thats why I think 1 for 500 was ridiculous.

Brad will those work for me? They look diff. I already have a cut out and i need one that will bolt up to the flange thats already there.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

dam that sucks that pertronix list a single at 450, what a rip , what else sucks is when i got mine through my girls dad it was 400 for the set, he made them for dougs, sadly her dad past away about a year back and i lost contact info with him.

call jegs and see if they can sell a single.

or find a pardner on the deal.

dam that sucks that pertronix list a single at 450, what a rip , what else sucks is when i got mine through my girls dad it was 400 for the set, he made them for dougs, sadly her dad past away about a year back and i lost contact info with him.

call jegs and see if they can sell a single.

or find a pardner on the deal.

That was the site..rip off...yeah i called Jegs and they said no...maybe i can find another single exhaust guy around here..lol

if you buy doug's or noweeds you won't need that cutout flange, which is probably made by qtp. if you want something that will work with that cutout look at buying qtp's or dmh electric cutouts. they will fit inside of the flange i think you're talking about.

I had DMH on my camaro and never had a problem with them, loved those things. Then again I got them when they were made to order way back when. If I were to do it again I would go with the noweeds. Reason being it’s and actual divert the gases out where you want them. DMH and Dougs simply give them another path out, some still flows past and trough the muff. I like the diverter concept, more gases forced out and open pipe = louder, and that makes me smile hehe