Vitamins And Supplements

SS Silv

Just curious what vitamins and supplements you guys are taking, if any. I am turning towards a healthier life style, and it is amazing what is out there that can help. I am big into Super Foods, anti-oxidants, and different natural oils.

Here is a list of what I am taking:

-Golden Barley, Flax Seed, and Flax hulls. I grind them all up in a coffee grinder and take a quarter cup of this mixture and mix it with peach juice and drink it. It sounds gross but the health bennifits are well worth it.

-Mona-vie, Acai supplement blend. Expensive but it is amazing stuff

-Fish Oil pills. High in Omega 3's, DHA, and APA

-Apex Multi-Vitamin

Some may think this is crazy to be on all of the stuff, but I can't explain on how good I feel.

What you guys recommend taking? I use to take the GNC Mega Men's Sports Vitamin pack, but I think it made me sick... so I stopped taking it assuming that was it. I heard it has high levels of triathelete or something... which can cause problems..

I personally would stay away from GNC brand vitamins/supplements. I would go to a locally owned health food/supplement store and go from there. Get to know the people who work there and let them know what you want to acheive. They can help you pick out some vitamins that would best suit your body. Everyone's body is different and requires different supplements.

If you are eating a well balanced diet, than you shouldn't need a multi-vitamin. Food is the best source of vitamins and minerals.

Fish oil has many health benenfits including, cardio-vascular health, joint health, memory, it can fight depression and anxiety (the main reason that I am on it).

Flax seed is probably the best thing you can take for your digestive system. By consuming the actually seed itself has far more bennefits than taking a flax oil pill. Overtime, you colon accumulates toxic buildup that contributes to colon cancer. A quarter cup of ground flax seed taken daily will rid your system of this toxic buildup. After I was on flax seed for a week I felt like a new person. I highly suggest this.

Mona-vie and Xango are a juice supplements that includes concentrated doses of different fruits and berrys. They can be rather expensive but you WILL feel better when you are on them. Mona-vie is more expensive that Xango because it has the ACAI berry which kills free-radicals in your body. It also has properties that can prevent cancerous growths in the body.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

If your that serious about being healthy than you should also try drinking aloe vera juice. I get mine at Trader Joes, it tastes like hell but the stuff works wonders! It helps the body absorb nutrients and also helps neutralize toxins. It's great for your immune system and helps aid in muscle recovery. I've even heard it's used in the prevention and treatment of cancer. I started drinking this stuff in highschool while I was playing a lot of sports, at first it just helped me get through long work out sessions but over a long period of time drinking this stuff I realized I wasn't getting sick anymore. I've been drinking this stuff for almost ten years now and I can count the times I've been sick on one hand. :cheers:

If your that serious about being healthy than you should also try drinking aloe vera juice. I get mine at Trader Joes, it tastes like hell but the stuff works wonders! It helps the body absorb nutrients and also helps neutralize toxins. It's great for your immune system and helps aid in muscle recovery. I've even heard it's used in the prevention and treatment of cancer. I started drinking this stuff in highschool while I was playing a lot of sports, at first it just helped me get through long work out sessions but over a long period of time drinking this stuff I realized I wasn't getting sick anymore. I've been drinking this stuff for almost ten years now and I can count the times I've been sick on one hand. :cheers:

Cool, I will have to look into that stuff.

I don't take anything, I really should though. My eating habits are very poor. I don't know how I stay skinny...

Same except for the SKINNY PART, what do you guys recommend, i go jogging atleast 3 times a week and i pretty much eat out all week... what would help me shed the extra pounds and get healthier?

Same except for the SKINNY PART, what do you guys recommend, i go jogging atleast 3 times a week and i pretty much eat out all week... what would help me shed the extra pounds and get healthier?

You pretty much answered your own question. Stop eating out. That is good that you are jogging 3 times a week, that is more than I do.

Stop eating out, you necessarily dont' have to diet, jut eat smart. Also, by eating breakfast helps with metabolizing your food throughout the day. On other thing, don't eat after 7pm. I lost atleast 6 pounds by not eating at night.

You pretty much answered your own question. Stop eating out. That is good that you are jogging 3 times a week, that is more than I do.

Stop eating out, you necessarily dont' have to diet, jut eat smart. Also, by eating breakfast helps with metabolizing your food throughout the day. On other thing, don't eat after 7pm. I lost atleast 6 pounds by not eating at night.

Thanks for the 411 :thumbs: Whats can i use use to help me cleanse all the bad stuff ive built up from eating out 7 days a week?

I don't get home from work until 7:30, but try to eat "sensibly" when I get home, soup or something light. A 2 to 2 1/2 hour commute to NYC sure messes up a day. I try to eat a good breakfast before I leave (shreaded wheat, Cheerios, (no sugar cereals) or fruit), take a piece of fruit to work for a snack. Lunch is usually my main meal of the day. I take a multi-vitamin and fish oil in the morning, vitamins C & E in the evening. I also take Chondroitin & Glucosimine twice a day, due to the fact that these old joints of mine (no jokes please) can use the extra help. It's worked for me, and a few friends of mine that are my age or older.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)