Paint Or Powdercoat

sswake

I have belltech spindles. I made the mistske of just putting them on. A month later they turned rust color. Looked like ass. Then I installed a brake kit. The bigger rotors hid the ugly spindles. Now all you can see is my baer brakes. Personally if I had to do it over I'd take the extra time and a few extra dollars and get them coated in something. Caliper paint is a good idea.

Just be careful with powdercoat because it is a very very thick coating vs. paint and it could end up causing more headaches than needed during installation.

yes and no... Powder is thick if they are coated wrong you could end up with having to tap or file off some of the ares. But with these it's very hard to mess up.

BTW, I have powdercoated several set of them including my own, with no issues...

i noticed my belltech spindles came coated in a grey color. Does this protect any or should I still paint them.

It's just a light coat of paint you may want to use something more or powdercoat them.