Installing Tuned Pcm

gixxerrider

Post up what you did for the relearn proceedure to make sure you did it right. It's been a looooooooong time since I had to do one, but I think it goes something like: Try to start the truck, leave key on for 30 minutes, try to start again without turning key off, leave key on another 30 minutes, try to start again, leave on for 30 more minutes, 4th try it should start... The whole time you never turn the key off or you have to start over again I believe... It's something like that anyway, but I can't remember the exact steps for certain...
Something like that. Mr.P has a write up in the "How To" section.

I tried t start it. Left the key on for 11 min and off for 30 sec and tried to start it. 3 times. Nothing

I would try it one more time, then contact the person you purchased your tune from (who was it???). Sometimes it doesn't "take" the tune properly or you could have gotten a faulty PCM all together.

I am thinking I need a case relearn to get it started. I will wait till the zippy is in town. He is really working with me to get this fixed.

You have to get it running before you can perform a case relearn.

Does the truck fire and then die, or does it crank and not fire or does it not crank at all?

did it key on for 11 mins 3 times in a row.

You know that it's supposed to start on the forth try, right? Not the third? Just making sure. Also, use a watch to time yourself on the seconds to make sure you're waiting long enough. The first time I did the relearn I counted to myself and thought I was close... I wasn't, and I got no start. Redid it with a watch and everything worked fine.

There have been a few tunes that didn't "take" and people have had to send them back for just what you've experienced here. We're just making sure you're doing it right and that you do indeed need to send it back.

Be sure to contact whoever you got the tune from to see if they have any further suggestions.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)