Window Tint

SickChevy06

Whats up everybody, just wondering if any of you guys have front winshield tint thinking of doing mine 35% but want to see pics if you guys have them. Already have double 5% back window and 5% side windows but want darker.

Go with 20% thats what i got :thumbs: 35% might not do it i think its too light

Whats up everybody, just wondering if any of you guys have front winshield tint thinking of doing mine 35% but want to see pics if you guys have them. Already have double 5% back window and 5% side windows but want darker.

damn double limo huh? WTF are you doing in your truck that you dont want people to see? :dunno:

lol. . . . .j/k :crackup:

how is at night? have you gotten any tickets i want it to be dark but also want to be able to see at night.

Its not too bad at night ive only gotten tickets for the two front windows but i try to not make it too obvious about the windshield so ill lower the windows all the way when i get pulled over. i think windshield tint is a moving violation here in cali. so ill always try to keep the officers attn away from the windshield...

Front Winshield

Technically, in CA you cannot put anything on the front windshield and any tint will get you immediately pulled over; you can probably get away with a 50% tint on the front windshield *if* you also have 20% on the front side windows because it will look 'right' but I would not attempt anything more than that. Also, I have been told by a couple trusted people that the glare of driving into the sun with tinted front windshield is really bad, you can't see anything, it was bad enough that they removed it themselves to be able to drive - this also may have been from using a poor quality product. And, very few people tint the front windows because they have to heat and then cool the glass in order to get the tint to shrink and fit the compound curves in the glass - it can be done but there is significant risk of cracking the windshield during installation.

But it would look goddamned bitchin. :cool: If you do it I wanna see a pic. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

like mr. p said i live in California and i know that cops are lazy as sh*t out here and alwasy pull me over for my front windows being 5% . evil police!!! esp the CHP and Sheriff they will pull you over for anything and i heard that the Windsheild being tinted is a fatty fine to :-\ not worth it if you ask me.