Superchargers

out of the box the vortech is more complicated install , you have to tap the oil pan for oil return , the feed is easy.

you have to change the oil in the ati every 6k miles so that is another thing to remember , the vortech uses engine oil so thats less maintenece.

the vortech has air to water intercooler which will be better for track use, the air to air will be a good daily driven setup.

the vortech v2 s is similar to the p1sc if you look at the compressor map as for the d1 and t trim .

the vortech imo looks alot sexier under the hood. it has more polished pieces you see instead of cheaper looking black abs. the filter for the ati is kind of retarted but the vortech uses the stock air filter location and some of the ducting is restrictive. but not bad. the ati will become more heat soaked with its air filter location.

a belt change on the ati is alot more work than the vortech , i beleive you have to unbolt the blower to change belts . pulley swaps are basically the same

the ati is louder than the vortech v2 s trim but the t trim is about the same

out of the box the vortech is more complicated install , you have to tap the oil pan for oil return , the feed is easy.

you have to change the oil in the ati every 6k miles so that is another thing to remember , the vortech uses engine oil so thats less maintenece.

the vortech has air to water intercooler which will be better for track use, the air to air will be a good daily driven setup.

the vortech v2 s is similar to the p1sc if you look at the compressor map as for the d1 and t trim .

the vortech imo looks alot sexier under the hood. it has more polished pieces you see instead of cheaper looking black abs. the filter for the ati is kind of retarted but the vortech uses the stock air filter location and some of the ducting is restrictive. but not bad. the ati will become more heat soaked with its air filter location.

a belt change on the ati is alot more work than the vortech , i beleive you have to unbolt the blower to change belts . pulley swaps are basically the same

the ati is louder than the vortech v2 s trim but the t trim is about the same

I'm not gettin into a pissin match with you Chase. you know more than i do about these. but here are some of my findings.

you see very little of the plumbin on the ProChargers. yes there is a black tube into the TB that you see but this can be custom made and polished to your liking. Also you are right that the air filter location is a little weird on the ProChargers. but again, this can be rerouted to the factory air box like Frank has done with success might i add.

A belt change on the ATI is simply pulling off one pulley. not a big deal. the blower does not have to come off.

as for the oil change, its really not that big of a deal. every 6000 miles you drain and fill. i like this idea so that the engine oils arent heated by the heat of the blower.

air intake temps on my truck under 10psi of boost run about 125-140 in the summer with a 2 core front lower mounted inner cooler.

hope this helps, and educate yourself before you buy. its your truck and your cash.

again didnt mean to get in a pissin match with you Chase. ;)

I'm not gettin into a pissin match with you Chase. you know more than i do about these. but here are some of my findings.

you see very little of the plumbin on the ProChargers. yes there is a black tube into the TB that you see but this can be custom made and polished to your liking. Also you are right that the air filter location is a little weird on the ProChargers. but again, this can be rerouted to the factory air box like Frank has done with success might i add.

A belt change on the ATI is simply pulling off one pulley. not a big deal. the blower does not have to come off.

as for the oil change, its really not that big of a deal. every 6000 miles you drain and fill. i like this idea so that the engine oils arent heated by the heat of the blower.

air intake temps on my truck under 10psi of boost run about 125-140 in the summer with a 2 core front lower mounted inner cooler.

hope this helps, and educate yourself before you buy. its your truck and your cash.

again didnt mean to get in a pissin match with you Chase. ;)

not at all man , its good to hear both sides of the story , of coarse where going to be a bit bias being owners.

i wasnt sure on the pulley swap i know on some cars its a major pita.

ill add with the air to water intercooler my temps are about 10 -15 above ambient when crusing and never over 125 during high boost (15 psi ) runs but will quickly drop to normal temps as above.

but i have an upgraded cooling set up ( fluidyne heat exchanger , which is huge , and i have a 3 gallon reservoir for ice or most of the time extra water.

i will say, your truck is sexy under the hood, but neither one of our trucks is a stock bolt on setup. yours is more extensive than mine, but either way, they are both pretty plain looking out of the box. I dont think you can go wrong either way. i do know that my P1SC is LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost annoying at times, but then again, i love every minute of it!

I have a radix and wish I had gone with a procharger. Out of the box, they all run about the same as they come. They all do what they claim, to add about 100-125awhp. However, the ati and vortech seem to produce much more power with much less effort than the radix with simple things like upgraded intercooling and pulley swaps. Pretty much because the centrifugals manage heat muchbetter. With my radix, if I run my AC in the summer and do one WOT run, I'm done...temps skyrocket. I dont think the ati and vortech would be like that. I find myself having to run my efans 100% in the summer temps and if I'm towing, it gets real hot real fast also. I want to switch to an ati or vortech myself eventually, but money is the key. And I might just sell outright and get the new denali withe 6.2La nd 6spd auto, but thats another thread.

Radix is a screw type,I don't think you san go wrong with any of the blowers listed here,except I don't think the whipple is intercooled.There are guys who have run fast with each kind of blower,Krambo went 11.7 with a radix,chase went 11.9 and azfastestss went 11.2 with the vortech,although I haven't seen anyone post 11's with the procharger I hope to be there this summer,and wizard went 12.4 with a pretty much stock setup and a P1SC. So it has been proven that all are fast it just depends exactly what you want to do with it.

Radix is a screw type,I don't think you san go wrong with any of the blowers listed here,except I don't think the whipple is intercooled.There are guys who have run fast with each kind of blower,Krambo went 11.7 with a radix,chase went 11.9 and azfastestss went 11.2 with the vortech,although I haven't seen anyone post 11's with the procharger I hope to be there this summer,and wizard went 12.4 with a pretty much stock setup and a P1SC. So it has been proven that all are fast it just depends exactly what you want to do with it.

the radix is a roots blower, the whipple and kenne bell are twin screws...