Hid Problem

foxySS

I helped my brother install HID's in his truck and they work great- except for some of the time when he starts the ignition only one of them comes on. When he turns the ignition off and then back on it comes on. This happens like 1 in 4 times that he turns the ignition. BTW, they are the same exact ones I have and I haven't ever had any problems. Anybody have any ideas? :rolleyes:

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

Is it the same one that dose not come on, or do they switch? If its just one then maybe its a bad connection. take it apart and back together again. That's really the only thing I can think of. :confused: That is a strange problem...

ive had the same problem with a cheap set a friend bought. and it does the same thing but once the one stays on its good . its just those few times it doesent work .

ive come to the conclusion its the cheap hid's you win some you lose some and like in most cases you get what you pay for, however contact the seller these things are usually warrantied but the downtime is the killer.

i have a high end set on my truck that hasnt had a hickup since day one.

I helped my brother install HID's in his truck and they work great- except for some of the time when he starts the ignition only one of them comes on. When he turns the ignition off and then back on it comes on. This happens like 1 in 4 times that he turns the ignition. BTW, they are the same exact ones I have and I haven't ever had any problems. Anybody have any ideas? :rolleyes:

not un common first check your connections But almost 100% sure its a bad ballast. Unfortunatly this is common its hit and miss with some kits even the high dollar ones on ebay type in HID REPLACMENT BALLAST they are like 15 bucks shipped i had on ballast bad on my lowbeams shipping took a few days but i would replace it