When Is Enough, Enough?

SSThunder

I read today the price of oil went over $105 and gas is expected to continue to rise. I don't plan to ever sell my ss because gas prices are crazy but when is enough, enough?

Price of 93 around here is close to $3.50 a gallon. Prices are expected to reach $4.00 a gallon this year. Can't wait till summer :banghead:

The thing is, the high prices make absolutely no sense because despite what everyone likes to say, there is no "shortage" of oil at this time. I know that lately, or at least during the end of 07, the U.S. had more oil reserves than it ever had. If I understand it correctly, the prices are driven up solely based on speculation that something bad is going to happen in the world that would cause the supply of oil to be cut off drastically.

Edit: I guess I didn't read SSThunder's post all the way through, so sorry for just rewriting what he already said lol :banghead:

Edited by jbVHO (see edit history)

They said that unless another hurricane came through near the gulf of mexico gas prices wouldn't rise (this was like 6-8 months ago) ya apparently that isn't true. Whatever.. 4.00$ a gallon good.......... not.

over hear in tx eh i really depends which shell u go to but its either 3.19-3.35 for 93 its no 3.65 but still

Wow the highest octane we have around here in 91 at around 3.35 right now. Well a refinery exploded not long ago maybe this might have something to do whit the prices going up?