Electrical Gremlin

aubigmac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've searched and can't find the same problem.

2003 SS, only mods are radix & e-fans with a nelson harness.

when the truck is running/driving and it seems when the a/c compressor kicks on in either defrost or a/c the truck shuts down completely electrically. It only lasts about a second and then everything comes back on. Everything resets except the Driver Info Center and the radio stations. Last time it happened the DIC showed check brake booster???

Also now it is having starting problems. acts like the battery is dead and won't crank. then it will all of the sudden crank. Don't know if that's related or not.

Any Ideas??? I'm lost.

Double check the pin location of the added wire required by the nelson harness,possible grounding?

Nelson harness has been on for a year +, this just started less than a month ago.

I'll double check just to be sure.

thanks

Sounds to me like you need a battery. Have the battery load tested, it seems that the battery cannot handle the electrical load demanded by the truck. Also have the Alternator load tested to be safe. :chevy: