Abs Light And Buzzing Noise

AUTOGUY

Just had the SS out for the first time in 3-4 months. As I am driving, the ABS light comes on. I stop the truck and have the key out, and I hear a loud buzzing noise coming from under the truck. It is under the driver side floor inside the framerail. It looks like a module that has something to do with the ABS system because there are brake lines running to it.

The truck only has 12K miles on it. Anyone have this happen?

I parked the truck and disconnected the battery and the buzzing stopped.

Actually it is the ABS module. I talked to a friend that is a Tech at a Chevy Dealer. He told me it sounds like a relay sticking and they sometimes do that. You cannont fix it. He said it is about $400.00 to replace. My truck only has 12,000 miles, but is out of warranty because it is 5 years old.

He said I can unplug it and drive the truck. I will just not have ABS.

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

I do not have a scan tool.

Brian,...I am 20 minutes away if you ever need anything scanned. :cheers:

ABS brakes are overrated, I was (and still am) considering removing all of the ABS stuff. There are companies that make conversion kits for real cheap. Then it is just a matter of deleting the codes in the PCM.

Brian,...I am 20 minutes away if you ever need anything scanned. :cheers:

ABS brakes are overrated, I was (and still am) considering removing all of the ABS stuff. There are companies that make conversion kits for real cheap. Then it is just a matter of deleting the codes in the PCM.

I might take you up on that. I will let it sit until the weather clears up. I will give you a call when I am ready. Thanks!!

brian im willing to bet your abs module took a poo.

when my truck didnt run for 6 months this happene dthe first week i had it moving. i know the people at my old dealership ( ex workplace) and i had it fixed under warranty , it cost about 7xx.xx dollars and my buddy the tech said its pretty common.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

There's one on car-part.com right now for $250 with only 258 miles...

Anti-Lock Brake Parts

Chevy Truck Silverado 1500 258 MILES A 34064 $250 Ruppert's Pickup Parts USA-OK(Norman) E-mail 1-800-749-9287

There are others on there cheaper, but none with that few of miles. :cheers:

There's one on car-part.com right now for $250 with only 258 miles...

Anti-Lock Brake Parts

Chevy Truck Silverado 1500 258 MILES A 34064 $250 Ruppert's Pickup Parts USA-OK(Norman) E-mail 1-800-749-9287

There are others on there cheaper, but none with that few of miles. :cheers:

Thanks. I will check it out.