Beat On Your Vehicles?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: I do drive like a grandpa most of the time, with the kids and and the wife with me. I do floor it every so often. The fastst I've goon with it was 100, then backed off to 75. This is my newest car/truck I've owned, and I'm in my 30s, so I'm not as recless as I used to be.

I don't think I beat on my vehicles. Punch it once in a while and like going to the track occassionally but it's an everyday driver so it needs to stay in one piece.

My wife, however, says I drive like a maniac. And God knows she's always right, so I guess I'd have to say yes I do beat on my truck. Never argue with the wife, you'll never win anway. :jester:

I drive mine like an old man. I push it once in a while, but it is used to cruise more then anything. I know it is powerful so I really don't need to impress anyone.

:withstupid:

i bought the SS for comfort, and stile. I'll get on it every now and then getting on the freeway. if i wanted to beat on something I'd find a old Chevy II with a worked 327 for that.. :thumbs:

:seeya:

I set out to drive it easy, but it seems like I end up flailing it for some reason or the other at least once in the ride. With 93 octane costing what it does, it adds a sting to any enjoyment I get. The darn thing is pretty fuel efficient at or under 2k RPM but it's so hard to do...

Hey, I get bad gas mileage as is why try to make it better by driving like a grandma. Now I don't hammer mine all the time but sometimes I get pissed off and people know it when I am at least my friends do lol. If they piss me off they know it cuz I take off like a bat outta hell and let them know I mean business or when im driving around people try to accelerate faster than me and I show them that I'm not stock. I have surprised people a few times like a guy I work with has a Harley Bike not sure what kind but he followed me onto the interstate one night and we slowed down and went for it and he topped his out and we were dead even. The next day he came over all OH MY GOD that thing is freaking quick and it surprised the hell outta me! type thing so needless to say I've earned a name for myself at work lol and the cops know exactly who I am even when Im not driving my truck. OOPS

I drive it with respect, but I expect it to perform when my right foot gets the itch. I rape entrance/exit ramps pretty good, but I don't try to peel around corners from a stop just to hear the tires squeak. I guess "spirited" would describe my style most of the time.

Don't really beat on them but do like to let them stretch their legs. Spirited driving/riding covers it.

I've had friends comment more than once on my driving over the years that I sure don't waste any time getting somewhere. Speed limits are for everybody else :jester:

my friends think i beat on my truck to much but honestly it just depends how much gas i got in it...when it gets to half a tank i usually grandma it cause i trying to make it last as long as possible but when i just fill it up i usually hammer it out of the gas station

CMG you and I went to the same driving school - I drove to Glen Rose this morning for court, went 35-miles in 21 minutes :driving: It's the family motto, drive like hell and you get there.

Mr. P. :)

:cheers:

Haha!

I took my chassis builder to the Portland Swap Meet, we crossed the border and got on the I-5, and as the speedo in my motorhome started to go past 75mph he started complaining and asking me to slow down!

LOL

He builds 8 second street cars but didn't like 75+mph in a motorhome!

:confused:

I've had my motorhome over 90mph, which isn't easy, it's like pushing a wall through the wind.....

I baby mine most of the time, but there are occasions when I use the 30-mph "kickdown" to mess with a few trucks around town....I did play with it a little the other day leaving Taco Bell......had her in first bouncing the front around.......................my wife is complaining of whiplash now-------- :rolleyes: