Installing New Bulbs

ccc_23

Hey guys, tonight I'll be washing and waxing the SSS and will do the same to my girls 1997 Accord. Her lights are terrible and she bought some new bulbs to replace them. I will give this a try tonight as well. Is this as easy as it looks. Will I be able to just pop the hood and take the headlight out, pull it apart and replace the bulbs? Or is there alot more to it.

Hey guys, tonight I'll be washing and waxing the SSS and will do the same to my girls 1997 Accord. Her lights are terrible and she bought some new bulbs to replace them. I will give this a try tonight as well. Is this as easy as it looks. Will I be able to just pop the hood and take the headlight out, pull it apart and replace the bulbs? Or is there alot more to it.

If it's anything like my daughters Prelude or Civic she owned, You don't pull out the headlights. There is a metal wire retainer that holds in a rubber boot which has the bulb holder in it.

There might be some obstruction but you should be able to move them far enough out of the way but it can be a tight squeeze. And I'm sure you know not to touch the bulb with bare skin. I always used rubber gloves putting the bulb into them Honda cars due to the obstruction and fear of the bul

brushing against my bare hand.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. One thing for sure. It's not a slam dunk like the SSS's ;)

Good Luck.

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)