Got A A/c Prob

sonickoolten

ok well i have a 2003 silv ss and it has the digital temp controller... so when i hit the A/c button the one with the snowflake...... the Snowfllake comes on for like 1 sec and then flashes and goes out .... it doesnt work anyone know what could be casueing this? i though it could b a fuse but i swapped them around and nothing still does the same thing... if i get it fixed how much do u think it would cost???? my friend was talking something about chargin it up and freeon or something like that dont know much about fixing vehicle i just know basic stuff.... tnx for the help

ok well i have a 2003 silv ss and it has the digital temp controller... so when i hit the A/c button the one with the snowflake...... the Snowfllake comes on for like 1 sec and then flashes and goes out .... it doesnt work anyone know what could be casueing this? i though it could b a fuse but i swapped them around and nothing still does the same thing... if i get it fixed how much do u think it would cost???? my friend was talking something about chargin it up and freeon or something like that dont know much about fixing vehicle i just know basic stuff.... tnx for the help

Ya, it is telling you that it is to damn cold out to be on :crackup: You are in Alaska, you don't need no stinking ac. :jester:

i'd say take it to a pro. sounds like it does have a low charge and the low pressure switch is not allowing you to run the a/c. the leak needs to be found before you can charge it.

Ya, it is telling you that it is to damn cold out to be on :crackup: You are in Alaska, you don't need no stinking ac. :jester:

Could be. :crackup:

if you want to test what these guys are talking about, run the heat for a little bit and then try the a/c. if it really is cold outside.

ok so i just looked up the current conditions where you are at and it says its 19* F so...try the above. or you can just let it fly, a/c wouldn't be a priority for me at that point.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

i'd say take it to a pro. sounds like it does have a low charge and the low pressure switch is not allowing you to run the a/c. the leak needs to be found before you can charge it.

:withstupid: could also be a frozen compressor seeing how its 19* outside.......

yea i know i live in alaska but i will be movin to ARIZONA soon and its like night and day lol so i really need to get this fixed b4 i move in 1 month.. ill take it to a pro know how much it would cost guestimate? :)

low charge would put you at about 100 bucks (no parts, just refrigerant and labor). worst case scenario, compressor, orifice tube/screen, and accumulator around a grand, but it doesn't sounds like that to me.

• 1 month later...

o yea lol sorry A/c is owrkin fine i guess with the digital it goes off the temp gauge in the rearview mirror..... if its cold outside the AC wont kick on... im in AZ and the AC work with no problem sometimes it gets 2 cold lol