Steel Braided Brake Lines

Jim Coher

I bought Russell Steel Braided Brake 672430 lines for my 04 SSS and the fitting on the brake line on the truck is different than than the fitting it connects to on the line from the kit. It seems the kit is standard thread and the truck is metric. Has anyone seen this before or am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Jim Coher (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Alright I'm bringing this one back from the dead... I have an 03 SSS AWD and upgraded my brakes to the power slot 14" kit and picked up a set of Russell SS brake lines kit#672430 the same as Jim and am having the same problem. What was your solution? These things aren't cheap and I can't return them since it's past the 30day window.

On the Russell package it says they are for 99-03 Chevy Silverado 4WD trucks. What gives?

I bought 2 kits Earls and the Russell 672430. The installation instructions says the kit is for 1999- 2006 Gm 1500 truck 2WD ,4WD ,AND AWD

but had the same issue went to the dealer for new brake lines and got the thread sizes all are metric wrench size with standard imperial thread sizes

on them, yet the lines wont go on

the earls front ones went on but the rear center one wont ???????? WTF

I just put the earls kit on my 2003 AWD - No issues with fitment other than the stupid way they route the front hoses right by the bleeder screws.

My rear center went on fine but I think its leaking slightly - could explain the thread issue but it went on easy and didnt feel like I stripped it or anything...have to re-inspect

• 3 weeks later...

I already have steel braided brake lines that the previous owner of my SS put on, but i actually just ruptured one! Anybody know anything about replacing just the right front brake line? I can only find complete kits. Autozone sells the lines but they asked me for the dimensions and no one seems to be able to tell me that.

post-19043-1257795707_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

I have the same kit. Russel 672430. The installation instructions says the kit is for 1999- 2006 Gm 1500 truck 2WD ,4WD ,AND AWD. I haven't tried to install mine yet. I'll have to call edelbrock on monday

I know this an old post, I'm pretty amazed that there seems to be no solution to this ongoing problem :cry:

• 6 months later...