Difference Between The Ss 6.0 And The Gto 6.0?

yfz450_0569

The 05-06 GTO has an alluminum block LS2 Corvette engine rated at 400hp......the LS2 is from the C6 Corvette.

The SSS has an iron block LQ9 Escalade/Denali engine rated at 345hp....the LQ9 is the

iron block version of the alluminum LS1 out of the C5 Corvettes and Camaros.

The 04 GTO has an alluminum block LS1 rated at 350hp out of a C5 corvette.

:chevy:

thanks, i don't own one yet but i was jus wondering if there was like a simple swap or something that you could do to give the ss 55 more hp

The SSS responds very well to bolt on performance accesories.......a cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and a quality custom tune can net you 40-50hp. :chevy:

so we can take a lightning YAY!!! lol

Going to need more than bolt-ons to take a L. Those are 13 sec trucks stock. It takes quiet a bit to dip into the 13's with a SS and I should now. Just check out my garage and mod list. I ran a 13.69 on the stock radix pulley. Many mods and lots of cash to get where I'm at.

The 05-06 GTO has an alluminum block LS2 Corvette engine rated at 400hp......the LS2 is from the C6 Corvette.

The SSS has an iron block LQ9 Escalade/Denali engine rated at 345hp....the LQ9 is the

iron block version of the alluminum LS1 out of the C5 Corvettes and Camaros.

The 04 GTO has an alluminum block LS1 rated at 350hp out of a C5 corvette.

:chevy:

There ya go. :thumbs:

The blocks are the same design just different materials. The crank is different the LQ9 uses a 24x timing wheel on the crank and the LS2 has the new 52x wheel. The new L92 truck heads will fit on the 6.0 or 4.00" bore that the 6.0 and the 6.2L. They are basically the LS7 heads but for the trucks. The flow like the LS7 heads and hot rod did a build up and got close the 520hp with those heads and matching L76 intakes. and they are $180 a piece bare. and aluminum to boot. If you do a search in google you should come up with the article. If not they got around 480hp with a cam and header swap and computer on a stock Lq9. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...