Burnt Rubber In Wheel Wells.....

After going to the track last weekend, I have a lot of burnt rubber from my burnouts stuck in my wheel wells. I tried to scrub it out with a small wash brush and some Simple Green, but I can't get it all off. Most if it came off, but that last little bit it driving me crazy. Does anybody have any good tips on removing it?

462d1dc4.gif

After going to the track last weekend, I have a lot of burnt rubber from my burnouts stuck in my wheel wells. I tried to scrub it out with a small wash brush and some Simple Green, but I can't get it all off. Most if it came off, but that last little bit it driving me crazy. Does anybody have any good tips on removing it?

Don't have enough horsepower to lite em up.....yet, but you might wana try a product called GOO GONE. I've used on my SSS,

worked well taking of tar, dried on bugs...etc of the truck. It might work.

next time spray PAM on your truck in those areas and the rubber will whipe right off :thumbs:

You can also wax your truck, heavily, but don't wipe off the haze until you get back from the track. Usually, you see cars at the track with the wite junk on the lower rear quarters... that's other drivers using this trick!

You can also wax your truck, heavily, but don't wipe off the haze until you get back from the track. Usually, you see cars at the track with the wite junk on the lower rear quarters... that's other drivers using this trick!

I have seen painters tape used as well. I don't really have an issue with my quarter panels, I have splash guards which keep all of the rubber off of the trucks finish. My issue is the actual inner wheel well itself.......I will put a these suggestions to good use. :)

Only question i got is where are ur times you didnt post them up in the strip section thats for sure

Yeah there was no reason to, no new personal best. The track temp was 35* with a head/cross wind, nobody could hook up. There are videos of our runs(and one of your truly going sideways) in the "Strip" section under '3/9/08 Englishtown'. Wheel spin was a problem even after a burnout. The best I could muster was @ 14.53 @ 93.4 with a 2.31 60ft.......and that was after spinning them all the way to the 100' mark. This truck has a much quicker pass in it, I just need to get traction in check. :chevy:

On street tires, why would you do a waterbox burnout anyway? Street tires just get greasy when heated, especially when doing a 100 footer... That's just loco...

No waterbox burnout here, just a brake stand on dry pavement to heat them up. I am gonna try dropping them to 20 PSI next time with no burnout.........